GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will this setup work? i found good deals on all the items. i'm goint to do a 2/4 djm drop on american racing 22x9.5 rims. they have 5.5" backspacing, and a 25mm offset. i also saw another member found some tires for a good price that were 275/45/22. will this setup work and look good? i am an idiot with backspacing and stuff. i just want it to look clean and ride very well. thanks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thats going to be almost a 32 inch tall tire. You might want to look into a 35 or 30 series tire.

255/35 would be 29 inches, there kinda costly thought.

·
GMFS MEMBER
42 Posts
that tire size will work but will you will probably gets some rubbing up front and maybe a little in the rear. look at the toyo 265/40/22. thats a good size tire without being to skinny or to tall

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
no way that wheel will tuck if you hit a big bump. The tires will hit the fender lips on bumps with the 275/45. btw, what year is your truck?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
It would work on stock heigth, but not with a drop. The 265/40/22 would be a good choice as mentioned above.

True, it will cost a little more, but do you really want to pay that much for the 275/45 just to have them cut up by your fenderlips?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would say look around for a wheel with some more back spacing.

6.5 would be good for a 9.5 inch wheel, But I don't know if you can run that much in front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts