GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is wanting to put an after market kenwood deck to replace his stock radio in his 2005 avalanche. We bought a 15 dollar wiring harness- it didnt work. We called a local mobile audio store and they said that a 110 dollar harness is required due to on star, door chiming mechanism, and bose sound system. My freind is cheap and was wondering if this would work: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120GMRC01/GM-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html?search=gm+Class+II+Data+bus+Interface&tp=3486
Can anyone help further explain this problem and let me know if this will work?

·
Registered
18 Posts
that crutchfield harness won't work...... if he has bose and onstar then he will need the expensive harness. unless he wants to hide his factory radio and rerun all new wiring for the aftermarket deck. just tell him to come off the cash and have it done right the first time.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Onstar is the problem here. If you dont have the $$$ harness you might get some issues with onstar interupting the system. Without onstar you could just use a saturn harness and run a new ignition wire

·
professional smartass
5,606 Posts
Onstar is the problem here. If you dont have the $$$ harness you might get some issues with onstar interupting the system. Without onstar you could just use a saturn harness and run a new ignition wire
he will still the bose type with the av plugs

·
nytahoeon23's
1,147 Posts
i might have one from my 03 tahoe. if so 70 shipped. let me know ill look for it bose& onstar

·
Registered
18 Posts
the bose is nothing... just pick up the speakers after the amp... it is factory gm wiring for the speakers AFTER the amp.....the amp is in the bottom of the center console if i'm not mistaken.....but just spend the money for the CORRECT harness and plug and play......so much easier.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
if you check under the radio opening, I think on top of the ac control area, theres a regular 03+ non Bose plug there that bypasses the amp

just a little tip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts