GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys does anyone have a truck that is a manual, or a yukon or tahoe. I am needing to c were and how the master cylinder is mountedon the firewall an dmaby a pic of the pedel linkage setup.
Can anyone help.
Thanks again.
oh yeah it needs to be an 88-98
Josh

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
there should be marks where it would be mounted....its next to the brake booster toward the fender. up just a little bit up..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wander does the manual trucks use the same brackets that hold the throttle and the brake pedals. This is the only holes or places i can find but it looks like it would interfere with the brakebooster. Aslo this is on a 96 YUKON.

photo-1.gif

photo.gif

·
GMFS OG Member
760 Posts
I'll try to snap some pics of my firewall in a little bit.

Are you looking to convert to 5 speed? I just pulled a freshly rebuilt NV3500 out of my 93.:naughty:

What part of AR are you in?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thats about were it looks like it would be on mine. By chance do you have any pics of were the pedals are, i am curious if it uses the same hanger as the automatic trucks. I mean were the clutch pedal would go.

I have a 5 speed out of a truck i bought a while back. but if you measure it, the 4l60e is about 31" long and the 5 speed i have is ab out 29.5 long, so i am worried ill have to do something with the drive shaft.

Someone had taken a 5 speed and 350 out of a fullsize but i am not sure of the ear or anything. Trying to find out year or any info of the transmission. It is not the kind that uses the 4 bolts to mount to the housing on the motor. It also has the slave cylinder on the right hand side if you are setting in the truck.

I think i may sound confusing here lol...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help. but i sold the Yukon and am focusing on the 86 p/u. I wonder if it is located in the same place???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts