GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my doors sag and the pass. door wont shut all the way or when it does itll come open a little. so i bought pins and bushings any idea of how to get the old ones off? i hate that the doors dont bolt on. will this fix my problem?

1,798 Posts
i've read that you support the door on a jack and some wood, disconnect your wires from the door, and knock the pins out, replace the bushings and pins

1,798 Posts
haha, yeah i like the way guys on forums say aahhh it takes just one day to install a 4/6 drop, and it takes me 3 nights lol,

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
get a friend to help leave the wires connected, be very carful not to pull the door too far away use something that is about the hieght of the bottom of the doors, ie. milk crate etc. jack is too hard to menuever, put the window down, "easier to work with" and have him hold the door from the top of the frame while you pop out the oins with a hammer, then gently set it down on the already positioned crate, box etc. now said friend will stand there and hold the door while you knock out the old bushings and put the new ones in, then siad friend lifts the door back up and helps you position it while you start both pins, then drive them all the way in, repaet this on the other side, oh take a pic so you remebr how the bushings and pins go in! not easy but doable and def easier than removeing the door panel and unhooking the wires etc.

·
Chevy Parts Collector
22 Posts
theres a spring in the way of the upper pin, careful when taking this out and puttin it in,can be b*tch,auto parts stores make a special tool for gm door springs that work great for this

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
:word: done both of them in about an hour and 20 minutes on my brothers 96. we had the door resting on the jack with a folded towel over it to keep it from scratching the door.

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
that sounds like a pain. i might just bitch out and get the stealership to do mine (i need a driverside job soon)

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
oh yeah forgot about the springs, sorry bro for bad info, my bucket didnt have any when i did it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts