GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 with 2.75" exhaust pipe. I am wanting to delete my muffler and add a glasspack without welding. Problem is, I can't find any adapters to fit anything. Do I go with a 3" or a 2.5" glasspack? And whichever one I go with, what size adapters/reducers do I use? The muffler shops in this area charge around $350 for this work, so that's the reason for doing it myself. I appreciate any help given!!

·
Some dude on the internet
409 Posts
You could go with a 3" and rent one of those pipe expanders for your truck's stock pipe, then use 3" clamps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, thank you so much for your advice. What do you think about the dynomax 17797 super turbo? I can get a great deal on it and it checks all the boxes. Let me know any opinions.

·
Super Moderator
5,870 Posts
You need an adapter. You will also need a bit of pipe to fit any muffler.

As well as a few exhaust clamps. Just have an exhaust shop splice one in for less than $100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Needing to install a 3" glasspack on 2.75" exhaust. Can someone please give me some help with suggestions on a good way to get them clamped on? I don't want to make it permanent. 3" ID/OD don't fit, so I'm at a loss. And I'm told not to put the muffler over the pipe. Do I need to go smaller?

·
n. fil-dert.
7,014 Posts
Didn't you ask this same question at the top of the thread? What am I missing.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Muffler gonna muffle, pipe gonna pipe, and glass packs gonna sound like shit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't you ask this same question at the top of the thread? What am I missing.
I did kind of ask the same question, but reposted to a new thread. Thought I was asking about glasspack, but a different aspect of it. So it got combined to this thread. I guess I was overthinking. Thanks to everyone's advice. I've got it all figured out now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts