GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a mint 1984 crew cab dually with a 454 for $2000 2wd with minor mods. How hard would it be to bag the dually? What would It consist of? Any other places where I can find info on it would be great. Any other input from you people would be great. Does anybody know where I can find pictures of one thats bagged?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody knows what im talking baout or what . I guess I thought I would get help with this forum.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
fastlane1 said:
Nobody knows what im talking baout or what . I guess I thought I would get help with this forum.
Maybe you should allow more than one day to go by before you start to blow your top.

Yes, you can bag a dually, you will need heavier parts to do it, I'm sure Air Ride makes a kit for it or that can be adapted to it, or you could build it yourself.

·
Registered
384 Posts
There are several guys on FSC.com with what your talking about..
I have an 84 that had a diesel in it now has a 454.. Not finished the install but thinking about messing with it next.

·
Registered
384 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
Whats up with that?? Can you help him?????
He wants help and there are more members on the other board that HAVE done it.. They CAN answer his questions better than we can..

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Here's what I recommend.....

Front: Cool-Ride kit

It utilizes upper plates that bolt-on (4 bolts per side) to block off the factory spring towers. The lower cups simply "rest" in the lower control arms.

Back: AirBar HD
(No picture available.)

I have no personal experience w/ this kit but you know it's quality coming from ART. Completely bolt-on too.

Compressor system: BIGRed Max

If you want a FAST system, piece your own kit together. This kit is quick but still easy to control. It includes everything you need and combines the best components on the market (D.O.T. approved fittings, air line, etc.) for an awesome system.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The air ride tech kit is a very nice piece. The install on those is super easy. If you decide to do something other than a bolt on kit like that remember that the rear of that frame kinks in over the rear axle and you will have a tough time with it. Other than that..they are some of the easiest trucks to bag.

·
Registered
84 Posts
just custom build a 4-link ART's stuff dont lay you will have to mod it all to make it lay and for the money you spend most shops will build a nice set up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts