GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...New to posting here and in need of advice. Not sure if this is the right section. I own a 03 Tahoe z71 and am in the process of installing a Rough country 6" lift(SKU 280N2). I am just about wrapping up the front end but am having trouble getting the torsion bars back in. I originally had the torsion bars just laying there until it was time to install the RC torsion bar bracket on the lower control arm and then install it on the Tahoe. The torsion bar was in the way so I opted to just completely remove it and lay it on the floor. Now everything is bolted back together except for torsion bar, keys and shocks. But cant seem to find an angle to be able to slide the torsion bar back in. Anyone else run into this issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy Holidays! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I installed my 6in lift on my 2000 sierra 1500 I had to put the torsion bar all the way through the lower arm until the torsion bar was just laying inside the control arm and then install the lower arm onto the Cross member and then install the torsion bar into the key at the right angle (there may be a little trial and error here to get the key and torsion bar in the right angle)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh so the torsion bar should go all the way through the bracket on the LCA? That would help a ton...I have only had luck getting them in about half way....Thought it would be tapered or something so it wouldnt go all the way through. thanks

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
people say thats how they take them out as well without a tbar tool

1 - 4 of 4 Posts