GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Built Not Bought
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm fixin to order all the stuff to lift my truck and order gears but im not certain on what i need to order i know i need the ring and pinion and the install kits but not sure which exact one or from where. I have a 00 Silverado Z71 can someone help me out? It has a 10 bolt in the rear not sure what the front is and the spline thats the problem im having...

·
Justin @ A/T Fab
325 Posts
Give me a call, we offer a GMFS discount and carry Yukon gears. You want a 8.25" B master instal kit and gears and a 8.5" 10 bolt gear set for the rear with a 8.6" instal kit.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts

·
Built Not Bought
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Give me a call, we offer a GMFS discount and carry Yukon gears. You want a 8.25" B master instal kit and gears and a 8.5" 10 bolt gear set for the rear with a 8.6" instal kit.
will do it'll be about a week but i'll definitely get ahold of you im doing 4.88s front and rear

thanks to both of you it was a big help i know everything else about the truck ive just never messed with gears

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
Dont waste the extra money on Yukons IMO. I sell Yukon and other brands. Dont get me wrong, there are some brands that are junk, but over the years of selling, setting up, and service, I have moved over to the Motive Gears as my number one gear. They are heat treated and made from the same alloy as Yukon. Your just blowing your money by buying a brand name (because Randys R/P has alot out in advertising).

Let me (a vendor of GMFS) know if you need a price. Ill get you hooked up.
Thanks.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
Dont waste the extra money on Yukons IMO. I sell Yukon and other brands. Dont get me wrong, there are some brands that are junk, but over the years of selling, setting up, and service, I have moved over to the Motive Gears as my number one gear. They are heat treated and made from the same alloy as Yukon. Your just blowing your money by buying a brand name (because Randys R/P has alot out in advertising).

Let me (a vendor of GMFS) know if you need a price. Ill get you hooked up.
Thanks.
what do you think of genuine?

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
True.
Genuine is the lower end when it comes to gears. Not recommended.

Stephen- Welcome to the vendors lounge. No hard feelings, Im sure you understand where I was coming from before.

·
Justin @ A/T Fab
325 Posts
True.
Genuine is the lower end when it comes to gears. Not recommended.

Stephen- Welcome to the vendors lounge. No hard feelings, Im sure you understand where I was coming from before.
Certainly do! I just had a long talk with our local transamerican rep about the G2 series. I have very little experience with them but he wants me to give them a shot. Claims they are made by an OEM for several automakers. I will report back on them once I play with them a bit.

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
Yeah, they tried to get me on the G2 gears too. I couldnt get them to where they wouldnt whine. Be aware of that. I had to replace 2 sets due to unhappy customers.....

It goes to show that some people would absolutely go the distance to sell a certain product. First of all, he stretched the truth a little. Cloyes Gear here in Arkansas makes gear sets for a majority of your auto makers.

I just wanted to let you know so you wouldnt be out like I was.

·
Justin @ A/T Fab
325 Posts
Yeah, they tried to get me on the G2 gears too. I couldnt get them to where they wouldnt whine. Be aware of that. I had to replace 2 sets due to unhappy customers.....

It goes to show that some people would absolutely go the distance to sell a certain product. First of all, he stretched the truth a little. Cloyes Gear here in Arkansas makes gear sets for a majority of your auto makers.

I just wanted to let you know so you wouldnt be out like I was.
I am very very weary of anything branded by transamerican. They said they would give me a set to put in my own jeep to try. We shall see.

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
Thats nice. Good luck.
I spent about 10 hours on one set of G2s trying to get it to quiet down, and ended up (out of frustration) calling my distributer and telling him to shove the gears up his ass.

Since then I have been 100% Motive. NEVER had a issue so far. Easy setup and very quiet.

I dont put anything in a customers rig that I wouldnt put in my rig. Sometimes its trial and error, but if it dont work, I dont sell it any longer.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
what size wheels and tires are you going with that you decided on 4.88's? Just curious.

I just got my Motive 4.30's on Monday. Should be going in in the next couple of weeks here. Getting excited to feel the extra grunt! I'm running 33.2's on 20's, and I daily drive on expressway above 80 so I didn't go all way for the 4.56's.
I'm glad to read all the praise here for the Motive's. I believe some of them are made right here in Oxford, MI by American Axle too... Gotta try and help support the Detroit iron any way I can... I almost went with Yukon's too, but they don't offer 4.30's anyway.

·
Built Not Bought
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what size wheels and tires are you going with that you decided on 4.88's? Just curious.

I just got my Motive 4.30's on Monday. Should be going in in the next couple of weeks here. Getting excited to feel the extra grunt! I'm running 33.2's on 20's, and I daily drive on expressway above 80 so I didn't go all way for the 4.56's.
I'm glad to read all the praise here for the Motive's. I believe some of them are made right here in Oxford, MI by American Axle too... Gotta try and help support the Detroit iron any way I can... I almost went with Yukon's too, but they don't offer 4.30's anyway.
I'm going to be running 17x9" wheels with 37x12.50x17s i'm only doing 4.88s that way I wont have to regear if I decide later to go to a bigger tire

1 - 14 of 14 Posts