GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some guys have succesfuly painted their handles themselves, looking for some help. I got mine today and I'm wondering if the handles can come off? They look to have a pin holding them in on the hinge side. Any tips other than sanding?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
What type of handles? I painted a pair of them without taking them apart and they came out just fine. If you have escalade ones you are likely going to want to take them apart...I'm sure you could do it and then reassemble them and they would be fine.

If they are your stockers...just sand until you see no more texture anywhere and you will be good to go.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah they are the stockers. Just wanted to know if I should take the handles off to paint them. I'm thinking so but not sure.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
gotta(be)low said:
Yeah they are the stockers. Just wanted to know if I should take the handles off to paint them. I'm thinking so but not sure.
I'd say no, the riviot that holds the pull on can't be put back on. You'd end up having to put a bold and a washer and nut in to replace it. You can sand it well enough together, take your time, don't try to do it all in one day or even on weekend, sanding is the key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts