GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to change or replace the rear speakers in a 1994 Silverado K1500? The only way i know how is to pop off all of the plastic but the previous owner cracked it so poping it off now would result in never getting it back on. I was thinking about cutting a hole around the rear speakers how they are now, changing the speakers, and just putting a grill over it. Has anyone ever done this, or can anyone help?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
ex-cab or regular?
Most people who cut the plastic put in something better than 4x6s

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive had speakers laying in my room forever as well. I just dont want to end up cutting it and screwin up. What kind of tool?

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
I think that was the year truck at work that we would never do rear speakers because shit always broke.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can possibly try pulling it form the bottom but it seems it would be very difficult with the seats there. And id still b scared to brake something on the top. Have you done this before?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
you gotta pull the seat as well, unless yours has the split panel, but I doubt it

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
I can possibly try pulling it form the bottom but it seems it would be very difficult with the seats there. And id still b scared to brake something on the top. Have you done this before?
Yeah, you've gotta pull the seat. What'll break is the clips they used, or the mounting tabs for the clips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts