GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. This is my first post but I have been here a few times before and browsed through the forum. I have just bought a 2009 GMC Crew cab 4x4 with a 6.2L in it. I am having a 7 1/2 suspension lift from Rough Country put on along with a 3" body lift. I want to put on 37x13.50's on a 20x12 rim but I am having a very hard time finding ones that are 12" wide. I found some that I like ( http://custom-wheels-car-rims.phatkars.com/product_info.php?products_id=1179) but they are not in the country and wont be for about a month. I found one or two other styles by Centerline but that is it. Can you guys please send me a link to any 20x12 rims that will fit a 2009 crew cab GMC 4x4. I would also be curious as to what everyone thinks about the tire size that I am thinking with a 7 1/2" suspension and a 3" body. I would like to go as big as possible without any clearance issues at all. I appreciate any help in advance and look forward to seeing what I get.

Steve

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I just looked at the rims at that truck and I like them. I found them for sale and am putting them on the top of the list for now. After seeing that thread, I am thinking that I may be able to get by with the bigger 38x14.50's instead of the 37x13.50 with the total lift I have.

·
SierraDime
537 Posts
running a 20X12 is gonna cause some issues with rubbing, i would stick to a 37" tire these damn NNBS have small wheel wells. most guys running around 10 inches of lift have 37's

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Myles. That is kind of what I was thinking from the start. I cant stand hearing that damn rubbing sound and I think I will clear the 37's on a 12" wide rim just fine.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Can't wait for pics!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cant wait to see myself. I bought the truck on ebay and have paid for it but dont get to drive it yet. They put on both lifts at the dealership for me and they will be shipping to me as soon as the shocks from the suspension lift come in. It will have 10 1/2 inches of lift when I get it with stock rims and tires. LOL. I am ordering my tires and rims this week in hopes that they will be here about the same time. I have a 06 1500 now with a 6.0 and I cant wait to line them up and see what that 6.2 can do. I will be posting pics of my 06 on here as soon as I list for sale. It is on 35's w a 6" lift.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
I'm running the RCX kit with 18x9s with a -12 offset and I rub. I've had to cut plastic and metal. 35" bfgs.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I cant wait to see myself. I bought the truck on ebay and have paid for it but dont get to drive it yet. They put on both lifts at the dealership for me and they will be shipping to me as soon as the shocks from the suspension lift come in. It will have 10 1/2 inches of lift when I get it with stock rims and tires. LOL. I am ordering my tires and rims this week in hopes that they will be here about the same time. I have a 06 1500 now with a 6.0 and I cant wait to line them up and see what that 6.2 can do. I will be posting pics of my 06 on here as soon as I list for sale. It is on 35's w a 6" lift.
Good luck fitting 38s on 10" of lift. Im running about 12" right now and would still need to trim to fit 38s. 37s on a 10" wheel rubbed when I was at just 10".

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Earnhardt and Jameson, do you think I will clear 37x1350x20 w 20x12 rims with the suspension and body lift? I plan on having to cut a little plastic but I was not planning on cutting any metal.

·
super secreT
439 Posts
i have the fabtech lift and 2 inch spacers and was told that 37s wouldnt fit without alot of trimming and the fabtech lift sits higher than the rough country lift, but with a 3 inch body lift you will be fine mabye slight rubbing, not sure how you feel about the xd series rims but mine are 20x12s

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
i have the fabtech lift and 2 inch spacers and was told that 37s wouldnt fit without alot of trimming and the fabtech lift sits higher than the rough country lift, but with a 3 inch body lift you will be fine mabye slight rubbing, not sure how you feel about the xd series rims but mine are 20x12s
I ran 37s on my Fabtech w/ spacer jsut fine. I did rub at full lock sometimes but I trimmed about 3-4" off my front fender wells. I still rubbed a little though. After the 1.5" BL I havent rubbed since. I think with im running the 37s on the 12" rim he is gonna rub pretty bad though. Just my opinion.

·
super secreT
439 Posts
I ran 37s on my Fabtech w/ spacer jsut fine. I did rub at full lock sometimes but I trimmed about 3-4" off my front fender wells. I still rubbed a little though. After the 1.5" BL I havent rubbed since. I think with im running the 37s on the 12" rim he is gonna rub pretty bad though. Just my opinion.

how do you like the zone 1.5 inch body lift, i was thinking about getting it.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
how do you like the zone 1.5 inch body lift, i was thinking about getting it.
Love it, just enough :imo . Easy install minus my dumbass busting the fitting on my A/C Condenser :crazy:. Took a couple hours to install by myself.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
congrats dude thats a badass truck you got there

·
super secreT
439 Posts
Love it, just enough :imo . Easy install minus my dumbass busting the fitting on my A/C Condenser :crazy:. Took a couple hours to install by myself.

sweet, hope it will look good with my current setup, i still need 2 regear so i have 2 decide if i want 37s or just stick with 35s:hmm:, what are your fender measurements, mine are 48 front and 47 back

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
sweet, hope it will look good with my current setup, i still need 2 regear so i have 2 decide if i want 37s or just stick with 35s:hmm:, what are your fender measurements, mine are 48 front and 47 back
About 52" front and 50" out back :( I needs more rear lift, I lost a few inches swapping from the 8" Deavers to my current Shackle Flip set up lol. I will hopefully have this god damn axle swap in soon. The 4.88s and ARB Air Locker were installed a few months ago, cant wait to feel the difference :D. Gotta get the front dont too though.

·
super secreT
439 Posts
About 52" front and 50" out back :( I needs more rear lift, I lost a few inches swapping from the 8" Deavers to my current Shackle Flip set up lol. I will hopefully have this god damn axle swap in soon. The 4.88s and ARB Air Locker were installed a few months ago, cant wait to feel the difference :D. Gotta get the front dont too though.

lol sometimes i wish i had just went with a 12" bulletproof lift

1 - 20 of 51 Posts