GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going everybody? My name is Lance and im writing to you from Santa Rosa California. I work at Kustom Kar Audio and we are finishing a pretty nasty 99 GMC Yukon. It has a 15" monitor molded into the dash, center console, 6 ported 15's, 10 speakers, kustom doors the whole nine. Anyways it reachin completion and we want to lift it about 10". What kits are good? Pros and cons? Im un educated in this field. I have been looking at 3 kits recently.

the first on is the shiplash kit, the second is the full throttle kit and the third is the truckin suspension kit from aem industries. I heard that full throttle and whiplash are the same company and I know quiet a few people in the past who have had problems with full throttle the company itself. Any input would realy help and no we cant straight axle the vehicle :( Thanks Again !!

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
whiplash and FT are not teh same company. I would choose FT over whiplhas any day. Trucking is shit, no exceptions. Look into cognito motorsports if you want a 10" :read:

·
Registered
296 Posts
The coginito is a great kit, the CST is a close second.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Hey Lance, Santa Rosa is a nice town :D Are you near SSU?
As for the lift kits, the Cognito lifts are top notch and after talking at length with the owner, Justin, I will have a Cognito lift on my truck someday!! :D
What size tires do you want to run on your Yukon?

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
00Silverado said:
I will have a Cognito lift on my truck someday!! :D
:word:

Sounds to me like you guys are going all out on this ride, if you are then you want the best and thats cognito :imo

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Cognito or FT is the only two lifts that will ever touch any vehicle i own. Can't go wrong with one of those 2

·
Registered
832 Posts
cDUBZon40s said:
ya dont get whiptrash or that truckin suspension crap it sucks ballz :imo go with cognito or full throttle :bowtie:
If you ignore all the other post dont ignore this one, this post is the most compelling arguement in this thread!!!

Simply because he is ROLLING a whiplash lift and telling you to look elsewhere :read:

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Even though I have no first hand experience, I like 3rd-Coast and Full Throttle. In quality, these kits are comparable, since 3rd-Coast farms out the actually manufacturing of the kits to FT.

·
Banned
580 Posts
Eisenfaust said:
If you ignore all the other post dont ignore this one, this post is the most compelling arguement in this thread!!!

Simply because he is ROLLING a whiplash lift and telling you to look elsewhere :read:
yes thank you. also one other reason not to go with whiplash---they are in the process of going out of business. they are seling their last units and they will be done.

·
Registered
328 Posts
cognito is the shit :imo , if i woulda had more money i woulda ran the 10-12 and 38s, but im gunna be plenttyyy happy wiht my 7-9 :rocking:

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Grant said:
Even though I have no first hand experience, I like 3rd-Coast and Full Throttle. In quality, these kits are comparable, since 3rd-Coast farms out the actually manufacturing of the kits to FT.
too bad 3rd coast doesn't make an OBS kit (that i know of).

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
slimm44 said:
too bad 3rd coast doesn't make an OBS kit (that i know of).
3rd coast also has some design flaws. Nothing major but something the buyer should be aware of. Can be easily fixed by cutting a notch out of part of the UCA drop - it would not hurt the strength either.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Andy said:
they do, check their website's galary.
well, what do ya know, they do make a OBS kit now. :crazy:
but the kit doesn't look as good on a OBS as the NBS ones like slacker's suburban.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
slimm44 said:
well, what do ya know, they do make a OBS kit now. :crazy:
but the kit doesn't look as good on a OBS as the NBS ones like slacker's suburban.
Their subframe is the bastard child of a Whiplash and a FT getting it on :imo

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks guys!! I realy appreciate everyones input! Ya Santa Rosa isnt that bad, im about 15 minutes from Sonoma State University. I will post some pics of this truck. We have built a few that have been in Car Audio and Electronics magazine. Check the July issue out, we built that nasty $110,000 system in the excursion. Im going to look into these kits guys thanks. Truckin made me wonder when I saw how cheep it was. I actually plan on running 37" tires on this truck. Can I get away with a 7-9 ?I guess that the same as a 10 huh? Talk to you guys later ! Thanks again!!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts