GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I totally regret buying this Street Scene roll pan. Fitment wasnt that great, and now its warping. There is a bunde of wires for the trailer hitch right behind the roll pan tied to the frame, and over time with these wires just resting against the bottom edge of the inside of the roll pan, it made it warp out and look terrible.

Does anyone know of a way to 'reshape' urethane' - maybe with a hair dryer, get it hot and try and bend it back, or....... I have no idea.

I'll probably end up buying a Sir Michaels and get it molded in (theres another thread about it) - but I'd like to try and salvage this one

StreetScenes mirrors worked out well for me but their urethan roll pans = :barf:

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
man that sucks to hear. I dont know anything about urethan, but i would just get a steel roll pan like from Sir Michaels or even Custom Classic, these will probably last longer and you wouldnt have to worry about any warping issues.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'm debating a new steel roll pan, because the urethane just doesn't come flush with the body. I think you're screwed with the warping...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts