GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this was all a piece of cake till I hit this spot. Not sure of the names so please bear with me, but its the piece that the pin goes through that you replace then there is the spring and the plate that you keep. That plate it held on by a snap ring. I can't get that damn snap ring off! I have been going at it for 45 min and with two c clamps cant see to get it off. I feel like I am bout to break the son of a bitch. Sorry for the bad explanations but any tips or advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the plate compressed and been trying other ways, I will try to find those snap ring pliers, I will keep ya updated, thanks mang.

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
Or take 2 small screw drivers and pry off....thats what i did...

If you think that is hard you will HATE putting the snap ring that holds the servo cover in

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I am in for a treat haha got that lil bastard off, it seems like the instructions went over in depth on the easiest stuff but skipped over the hard shit. Now I got the snap ring off I cant figure out how to remove the piece that needs to be removed haha ill blame ten hour work shift lol

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boy I am a dumbass, lot easier than I thought, well still got the snap ring to go. I just about had it and kicked over a quart of atf and went all over the cardboard onto my ass and shirt. Plus the bugs at night didnt help. So besides my ass bein more lubricated than it ever will be, it didnt go so bad. Will finish up tomorrow and hopefully didnt screw up haha

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
yeah the snap ring cover sucked. def hard with atf all over your hand too.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
the servo cover snap ring is the hardest part :imo such a fuckin pain in the ass, but good luck and hopefully everything went together alright :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
very true, although i got damn squared at one point cuz it looked like i had some hairline cracks in the bell housing :uhoh:

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
very true, although i got damn squared at one point cuz it looked like i had some hairline cracks in the bell housing :uhoh:
Yeah, both my 2005 and this truck had little hairline stress cracks up near the bellhousing. No biggie.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys havin trouble again this time with the snap ring. I got the bastard on, went to take a test drive and then right when it was about to shift ting I hear the snap ring fall off. So oil is drippin everywhere I back up and wait for the damn cat to cool down. I try it again and I got the ring on but its like loose. WTF? Like I can pop it off without pushing against the cover. Am I not getting it on all the way or what the hell?

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
yeah you're not gettin on there all the way. theres a small groove on the inside of the casing where the servo goes in that you have to get it to seat all the way or else it'll keep doin the same shit, trust me i know :crazy:

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
Get another person. Itll be soooo much easier for one guy to depress the cover and other put in the snap ring.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok that was my only explanation, I had a piece of wood holding it but I saw when I got my huge ass ratchet on it that it would go in a bit more. Damn you boys werent kidding when u said this was a pain in the ass. Im about 60 miles away from hometown or any of my buds so I gotta figure this one out haha thanks guys

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The ol feller I work with helped me out. We do janitorial work at a lake, I am first on the list for the hydroelectric dam for next year (thank God haha), but we used our toilet brush to depress the cover and I popped the baby right on. Lil okie but hey what isnt haha anyways works great shifts excellent, thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts