GMC Truck Forum banner

Help with wheel decision

881 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  boombazokajoe91 
#1 ·
Ok im ready to get some rims and tires for my new truck. I think im going to go with 20's. I have a couple questions on what kind to get though. First off, what finish do i go with? Im worried that chrome will pit and rust in Indiana weather. I dont know how durable chrome wheels are. Also, do the rims with all the rivet things make it hard to clean? Here is my truck, maybe give me some opinions that are reasonably priced. Thanks.

[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
The alternative to chrome is polished and painted. Polished wheels won't last 1 year in the weather without needing to be polished. Painted wheels are okay, only if they're silver or something low-key. Chrome wheels will be fine. You'll be better off with chrome, IMO.

Budget is an important part of it. What you have to spend can make a difference in teh wheels you choose. My favorite inexpensive wheel for lowered or stock trucks is the U2-55. Several member's on here have them and you can get them from ebay. Other nice wheels are Ultra, Eagle Alloys, etc. If you've got some jack to drop, Intro's or B Coddington's are pretty nice, but expensive and polished finish only.

#3 ·
I guess ill end up getting chrome then. My bro in law just got 22" Eagle Alloy's series 170 i believe. I like the 025 and 026, but those little rivets look like problems when it comes to cleaning. I can just see me getting a bunch of polish or wax in there!

#5 ·
I dont want anything weird, 5 or 6 spoke really dont matter. Just something that looks really good and clean.

#8 ·
Stay away from eagle alloys. Sometimes you will get a good set and others the chrome changes color or flaks. I like the centerline wheels because of the weight. I picked up a set of the first run of the ultralites 21.7lbs. each. got them new for 750.00 shipped.

#12 ·
I like the looks of rivets, reminds me of beadlock wheels! BUT, I had a set of eagle alloys that I sold to a friend, he ran them through one winter and the rivets are now all rusty. What I have always done with any of my vehicles with custom wheels is to run the stockers through the winter. In most cases I would go with a clean look for a wheel. The pic above are some real nice looking wheels!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.