GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 gmc pickup,that has no spark to the plugs. It has new ignition switch, New coil in cap, Pu coil tested ok, has pwr to the cap,good wires, new plugs,new module and condenser that both test good also. It has a module that has 3 prongs on one side and 2 on the other. pu coil plugs into the 3 prong plug and then another 3 prong plug from firewall plugs into end of pu coil plug on module. (I'm use to the older 4 total prong module) It also has a plug that goes into the Cap on ign terminal that goes into the firewall on passenger side that looks to have a possible fuseable link ? The pink ignition wire plugs into the plug that went into the cap first. Can I bypass the the 3 wires to the module from the firewall ? I have tried the tilt wheel while cranking,no change. I have chain towed it on two ocasions after not starting. and it started after being towed.I have jacked up the front end ,turned the wheel all directions with someone checking for spark with an inductive timing light, while turning it over. But still no spark to the plugs Any thoughts or advise would be much appreciated

1 - 2 of 2 Posts