GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and then since I got my 4/6 my front left tire has been rubbin the wheel well every now and then when a bigger dip catches me off guard. Its starting to eat through the plastic on the wheels well. How can i stop the wear. Its not rubbing hard, but i guess the tires hot and its spinning fast. Nothing major yet but I don't want anything major to come of it since the Electrical Center is sitting on that wheel well.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sevenfold said:
Nothing you can do about it unless you want to buy smaller tires. I wouldn't worry about it.
You don't think it'll eat all the way through? These are brand new tires.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
SITNLO said:
You don't think it'll eat all the way through? These are brand new tires.
Mine did it when I had my static drop, it only did it on hard bumps I learned where they were and went slower :evillol: .. when we went to put my air bags on we found some burnt plastic/rubber up in my fenderwells :anitoof:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
SITNLO said:
I don't want anything major to come of it since the Electrical Center is sitting on that wheel well.
I'm pretty sure under the plastic is a metal fenderwell, and it would eat through your tire before you eat through it :waytogo:

·
Registered
559 Posts
yeah it is metal,you will not get through that, u will never get through to that but if u are worried just get thinner tires, or take out the PLASTIC fenders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts