GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I finally got fed up with the ridiculous blocks that Rough Countryy supplies with their 7.5" kit...as a quick fix I threw in my blocks from my RC 3" so now its sitting retarded. Im in need of a 5" block, but havent gotten around to ordering a set

I have plans of buying a helper bag kit(most likely airlift, but still considering the firestone/spacers option). Now my question is when I put them in(no compressor right now, just gonna use an outside source), could I maybe achieve the 2" of lift Im looking for by just filling the bags, and then when I tow fill up even more air?? Or should I look into getting bigger blocks and just run air in them only when im towing??

·
Broke
1,169 Posts
Your title says it all. Those bags are meant to be used only to level its ride height under heavy loads. Your ride will dramatically stiffen if you use them to lift the trucks height.
During daily use (not towing) the max that should be in there is 5-10psi to give you maximum comfort.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can get about 3 to 4 inches of lift from my Firestone bags on a stock riding truck. Like what was said above it will be stiff. I dropped my boat off and didn't take the air out and it felt like it wanted to catapult the truck when you go over a cross road. Not a comfortable ride at all.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
like most have said already to gain anymore than 1-2" off the bags it will really stiffen the ride and if i remember correctly on the 1500 bag kits it mounts on top of your springs so you shouldnt have to run a spacer with stock springs since the distance is the same, if you were running different springs a spacer would be needed.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
like most have said already to gain anymore than 1-2" off the bags it will really stiffen the ride and if i remember correctly on the 1500 bag kits it mounts on top of your springs so you shouldnt have to run a spacer with stock springs since the distance is the same, if you were running different springs a spacer would be needed.
yea the airlift kit mounts from the top of the leaf to the frame, meaning no spacer would be needed.

but the firestone kit mounts from axle to frame, therefore I would need a spacer the height of my rear lift.

i have my 4.5" fabtech blocks id sell you.
i might take you up on it if I dont come down on the front...how much?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts