GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what a complete loss of hydraulic fluid from a rollback dumpster truck looks like...this took 5 hours to clean up....

We put three guys on my tailgate and drove up and down the hill spreading the quick dry with brooms....I guess it's a trick they use at the drag strip.
IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
That sucks. The truck wrecks ive worked always involved a private environmental cleanup company for larger diesel/oil spills...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The driver didn't help at all...it was a County owned truck so that meant we got the call and cleaned it up...this was after the third spread of quick dry...we went through 50 40 lb bags

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Gotcha. Last major truck wreck I worked (help out at my grandpa's former towing/recovery service on occasion) a 18 wheeler turned over in a large drainage ditch. A private environmental company was called to do the diesel/hydraulic/oil cleanup since it was near a creek. Big price tag on their cleanups tho...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if that is a county thing for you....in Avery Co we have to do the clean ups on all accidents, the tow company does not clean up and just over in Carter County TN, the tow company has to do it all.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
That sucks, hydr. oil is the worst to clean up. I have been covered in it from head to toe, and it was less that pleasent to say the least.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bet your kids will have extra hands now haha....jk

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Haha lets hope not. I have had it happen more than once and it seems like everytime it happens I get in my mouth.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sounds dirty...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts