GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I like the look and idea of the Jeep GC SRT8... just wasn't the right choice for me and for the price the TBSS can't be topped IMO. Along comes the Hennessey JGC SRT8... now you'd think a turbo'd IC'd Hennessey product would just blow your mind, but this just seems like a fantasticly underacheiving setup... especially when you consider the price tag of over $75k!!! :insane:

There are alread a number of TBSS's out there putting more than 600hp TO THE WHEELS (not 620 at the crank like this thing) that did so with under $15k in mods...

http://www.caranddriver.com/specialtyfiles/12371/2007-hennessey-grand-cherokee-srt600.html

Car & Driver said:
VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 5-door wagon

PRICE AS TESTED: $76,440 (base price*: $68,700)

ENGINE TYPE: turbocharged and intercooled pushrod 16-valve V-8, iron block and aluminum heads, port fuel injection
Displacement: 373 cu in, 6118cc
Power (mfr’s claim): 620 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque (mfr’s claim): 650 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 5-speed automatic with manumatic shifting

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 109.5 in
Length: 195.0 in
Width: 73.3 in
Height: 66.7 in
Curb weight: 4831 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 3.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 9.0 sec
Zero to 150 mph: 28.2 sec
Street start, 5–60 mph: 4.3 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.2 sec @ 116 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 171 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad†: 0.90 g

FUEL ECONOMY:
C/D-observed fuel economy: 8 mpg

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Hennessey is a joke :imo
between the tbss and the srt-8, stock for stock, which is quicker?
i *could* be wrong, but somewhere i recall reading that JGC srt-8 was the fastest production SUV, followed by the Porche Chyenne twin turbo.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hennessey is a joke :imo
between the tbss and the srt-8, stock for stock, which is quicker?

The SRT8 will beat a tbss vs. stock... but all it takes is a tune and a TBSS will outrun a stock JGC SRT8 no problem. As with all the Dodge stuff those guys don't get much help from the aftermarket... ESPECIALLY tuners.

Personally I really like the SRT8... I like the look and they're a blast to drive, but the fact that it has NO TOWING ABILITY makes it pointless IMO. A "sport" SUV is an odd concept as it is, but when you take all the function out of it whats the point??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts