GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
exhaust. wa kinda a bitch first the cat onthe driver side. back where it goes into the y you will need to cut it off and leave it attached to the manifold and cat and remove the rest of the pass side y pipe. then you will cut a slit bout half way throught the pipe in front of the cat heat it up and bend it up toward the floor. once you have it high enough wait for it to cool. unbolt it fromt he manifold and get a piece of pipe cut it in half and use that to patch it.
then put the y pipe back in and figure how much you need to take out of it to make it match up with the new raised piece of the drivers side that runs with tthe tranny crossmember.cut and check cut and check. once you have it figured out make marking points that line it up correctly remove the whole system and weld it all back up and put in patch pieces if necc. and bolt it back in.
the drivers side cat and the pipe the goes to the y from it are the only parts that hang below the frame
scad.jpg

rfaded.jpg

dawyhgf.jpg

my nicely bent bar from scraping
dseaqsresra.jpg

trannsmission crossmember from kp to fit five speed. i went to put mine in and it didnt fit so i cut a piece of 1/4 plate and bolted it to the crossmember then marked the hole and drilled it and bolted the tranny to it. i have been meaning to gusset it but it hasntmoved and its been that way for a few months now. owell sometime
edwaeew.jpg

adssfdrs4r3q.jpg

·
Registered
415 Posts
I need to get a 5 speed truck in here so we can design a true bolt-in raised transmission mount. I would reccomend a gusset off the bottom of yours as well. Thanks for posting the tech info and pictures on your install.

Good luck with the rest of the project

Clint

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
I would reccomend a gusset off the bottom of yours as well.
Clint
i'd say the same thing...even if it hasn't moved, i'd still do it, just to be safe...no need working on your truck from the shoulder simply because you didn't think it needed something as important as the gussets to hold your plate flate.

just me $.02

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
hahaha...naw....i just dont want to see a custom truck much less someone that works on their own ride to have to work on their truck on the side of the road just because they didnt think it needed it...but like i said, that's just my $.02 simply because hard work deserves the proper way to keep it that way.

do it or don't...your truck...your work..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts