GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the site, thought id introduce myself. names Joe from Minnesota. i have had many many trucks within the passed few years, ofcourse all gm/chev!! i currently own a 2006 Sierra 1500, crew cab. bought it from my work for a steal. i have alot of plans for it, so far, iv got a thrush wleded muffler into 4 inch tips, out at a 45 degree angle, 17x8 incubus poltergiests's, pioneer double din touch screen, and kicker speakers all the way around. near near future mods are, either a leveling kit with 285's, or a 4inch on 35's, not really sure what i want to do as far as that, im in the process of changing everything over to LED (tail lights, 3rd brake light) but the list go on. i havent really figured out how to post more pics of the truck on here, but as soon as i do, ill show ya guys what i got! thanks for readin!
Joe:wave:

·
Registered
332 Posts
:welcome: Post up some pics. If you plan on running 35's get at least a 6" lift. If you go 4" stick with 33's. Otherwise you will have a lot of trimming to do.

·
Registered
900 Posts
:welcome: Post up some pics. If you plan on running 35's get at least a 6" lift. If you go 4" stick with 33's. Otherwise you will have a lot of trimming to do.
Op could run 35s on a 17x8 with a 4 inch i'd bet on it. I put 35s on my old GMC with a leveling kit cranked all the way up and only rubbed a little at full lock on the inside of the wheel well, No rubbing on the plastic part of the fender although it was trimmed a little. Welcome op

·
Registered
332 Posts
Op could run 35s on a 17x8 with a 4 inch i'd bet on it. I put 35s on my old GMC with a leveling kit cranked all the way up and only rubbed a little at full lock on the inside of the wheel well, No rubbing on the plastic part of the fender although it was trimmed a little. Welcome op
So you begin the post as if I am wrong, then agree with me completely? :think:

·
Registered
900 Posts
So you begin the post as if I am wrong, then agree with me completely? :think:[/QUOTENot saying you're wrong just saying I barely trimmed with 3" of level running 17x9 with -18 offset. Just think he could run 35s on a 4",Maybe I'm wrong. Anyways I got this way off topic

·
Registered
900 Posts
Depends on how much he cranks also. Don't know What brand He's getting but I know the rcx 6 inch is just a cranked 4 inch. My fabtech has to be cranked also to achieve 6 " cause the diff is only dropped 4.5". It had a lot of rake when I bought it and I immediately cranked them up to get more height in the front and after a while I decranked took out the extra leaf and added a 1.5 bl cause my angles were pretty bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts