GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
[>
3,255 Posts
y2kboti said:
Bryan and I have the same setup but he is actually running 38s instead of 36s.
:jawdrop: 38s.. that is a good lookin truck. :head:

Those do looks like some big tires, but I would have never thought 38's

BD

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't know what his torsion bars are set at but it was pretty tall for a 6+3 combo. He probably has some minor rubbing but nothing major. If I were to do it again rather than adding a body lift I'd just stuff some 36s or 37s under a 6" lift and get yourself a set of Bushwacker Cut-Outs. Lower center of gravity=better for offroad and more body protection from all the mud and debris that gets kicked up.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
southernz71 has proven that nbs bushwacker cutout flares do not open up the wheel well THAT much. he probably still has the pics but it didnt look like he was anywhere close to being able to fit a 36x14 with his superlift....just what i remember

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the instructions in .pdf form and you have to cut a couple inches so I don't see why that wouldn't be enough but who knows maybe not.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Who's truck is that? Whoever's it is very nicely done! If I ever bought another 1/2 ton thats the way I'd go :worship: Jeff about the fronts...like many others I trimmed part of the sheet metal just inside the rear of the front fender, knowing how much I trimmed I would say the Cut-Outs take care of the problem. With that said I've heard you still need to pull the liner back and zip tie it so the tires don't make contact. The rear fender wells really open up as you said. I could literally 'wedge' my old 3" BFGs in the rear wells and it was almost a perfect fit on a 3 sides, with my PJs the front and rear of the tire makes contact before the top of the tire does. Cut-Outs are awesome I just never had the nerve to trim the sheet metal that much.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Thats SouthernZ71's truck.
He no longer has it, he had to sale it. I think he lost his job or something like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts