GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st. Time poster here, but I have been lurking for a while. Here is my problem.

I have 2 Profile 12's that I am installing into a custom box under my back seat (2004 GMC Sierra). All the wires are run to the amp correctly, but I can't figure out the wiring I need for the PAC converter behind the radio. I want to keep my stock radio for a bit,then upgrade when the time comes. I can't figure out what the color codes are for the wires and have searched everywhere for a diagram without any luck. Can someone post the wiring diagram for the radio, or tell me what colors are which wires? Thanks in advance for the help, it's greatly appreciated. Also, does it need to be grounded? (the PAC) My dumbass friend cut the ground wire by accident.... :guns:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was my next option.....if they help me out, I'll be out some dough. Just thought maybe one of you guys may have it. If not, I'll go get it looked at. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
that stock radio will suck with bass output and as far a wiring you might go to the dealership and ask them for one they should have one and shouldnt charge you

what part of h-town you in?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Go to some Walmart, Best Buy, or Circuit City and check for a wiring harness that mates-up with your factory radio. Just copy the information from that...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, got it worked out. The guy at best buy hooked it up for me for a few bucks. I think the problem was the remote wire. It was actually under the steering column, not behind the radio. The bass sounds great now, thanks for the help guys.

BTW, I am located in Clear Lake area of Houston Truckin22

1 - 9 of 9 Posts