GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys and gals ... you all seem like a knowlegable bunch, and I had a question or two for you ...

most of my experience has been with the Nissan Pathfinder, and doing lift kits. I have always done my own work, including engine swaps, axels, lifts, etc. I consider myself a competent mechanic. I should soon be in possesion of a 2000 Silverado 1500 Std. Cab 2wd ... so my questions are:

I want to get about a 3 inch drop and level out the rear with the front as close as possible, can you recommend some kits, that keep a good ride, are alignable, and keep the steering geometry as close as possible

Secondly, I want for rims, some nice aluminum ... maybe polished, maybe not ... and I was thinking something like a 20x9 rim, with some decent all around tires ... what are some average prices for a mounted set of 4 rims and tires of descent quality ...

thanks in advance guys ...

·
Registered
503 Posts
:word: welcome to the site. my rims are chrome and they were only $1500 with tires installed and everything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt said:

unless you have a lot of backspacing 20x9 will be tough to lower you truck with in the front.
thanks for the info - anybody have anything to offer on the belltech 2/4 kit?

by that you mean that the tire may not be able to stuff into the wheel well without hitting the fender?

that is something that I had considered ... and I am sure that I could figure it out by getting the correct backsacing... is there maybe a better rim size to go with? ... I am just looking for a mild lowered look ... I wouldn't go any further than a 3/5 drop ...

I am just a little weary of the ride quality ... after riding around in lifted trucks for years, I am ready to try something that is a little more comfortable ...

thanks for the help guys!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts