GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day one of my lights when out and this has happened a few times. The times it happened before I just unplugged everything thing plugged it back in and they were working fine. Well this time I did that and it worked for a little while then it went out again so I tried unplugging it and redoing it. It came on then shut off shortly after and would flicker on when I was messing with the plug that goes from the stock light wires to the ballast but now it doesn't come on at all. Anybody have an idea of what's going on? I figure the ballast went out but maybe it's the wiring since when I messed with it at first it would turn out shortly then cut out again?

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
try swapping the headlights. start there. eliminate the bulbs. then swap the ballasts. etc. if the ballasts and bulbs work from one side and dont work on the other, then its probably wiring on that side.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
try swapping the headlights. start there. eliminate the bulbs. then swap the ballasts. etc. if the ballasts and bulbs work from one side and dont work on the other, then its probably wiring on that side.
already did that and it isn't the bulbs

wtf mang, new truck and no news or pics on it? whats the deal
I'm not taking pics of this thing until it's dropped...I can't stand how it looks at the moment and I'm not a big fan of the wheels that came on it so I need to replace those too. So far all I've done is tint, candied tails, painted GMC emblem, debadged, and put my lights in.

·
Team Black
1,398 Posts
already did that and it isn't the bulbs

I'm not taking pics of this thing until it's dropped...I can't stand how it looks at the moment and I'm not a big fan of the wheels that came on it so I need to replace those too. So far all I've done is tint, candied tails, painted GMC emblem, debadged, and put my lights in.
whats the specs on this new truck?:nopics:

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep Terrence got it. 05 GMC 5.3l, 2wd, 48k old man driven a lot of highway miles, dark gray interior with buckets and center console, bose (nice to have until I get the money to do audio stuff), ugly 17s but that will be fixed soon, and the paint needs some love but I'll get to that soon and I'm not too worried being that it's silver. +1000000 to myself for not having to keep up a dark color anymore!!!

realistic plans:
-3/6 drop
-different stock gmc wheels
-paint handles, mirror caps, back bumper cap
-magnaflow dumped before the axle
-not 100% on the audio setup yet but I want to put my 2 CVR 10s from my old truck behind the seat in and get a prefab box with 2 more 10s under the seat with polk momos in all 4 doors
-denali projectors
-black chrome speed grille

maybe going to happen one day plans:
laying frame on 24" Intro Vista IIs

·
Resident Asshole
11,053 Posts
Hey Jonathan, I have a set of 17x8.5 welds with 275-55-17 tires on them if you are interested. 2 of the tires are brand new Kumho I believe, but the other 2 need to be replaced. They are in decent condition. Havent cleaned them up or had time to take pics and post in for sale section.
I had them on a 3/5 drop and they worked perfect. Just changed to
22s. :head:
100_0710.jpg

100_0707.jpg

CIMG1536.jpg

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
u probably got a bad ballast just like i did. Dub should replace it for free. One of mine still shuts off when i start the truck, so all i have to do is turn them on before i start the truck and both stay on. <-- may wanna try that

and bout your audio setup....by Steven's 4 10" memphis m-class with box behind the seat of his cc. 320+ shipping, but im sure you could make the trip to houston for it. It would be alot cleaner and stealth than running two separate boxes IMO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts