GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
do you have a pic of the wiring ? are you using two relays or 1 ? are you using the passenger side stock connector ? get pics of the wiring or draw a diagram :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Seeems to me that kit came with alot of work IMO. Mine is all just plug and play no wiring harnesses or grounds all you have to do is change your fuse to a 20 Amp. Piece of cake.

·
Registered
253 Posts
looking at your wiring harness it looks like the grounds for each side run through the connector back to the relay. id tap into the ground wire on each side right where it plugs into the ballasts and ground them. could be a poor ground. The kit I used was actually setup this way.

thick gauge wire on the left is the power wire from relay. the right wire is a ground wire
step6.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks Like The Harness I Just Got. Piece Of Shit. The First One I Got Jst Popped The Fuse. The Second One I Got Doesnt Even Work.

·
Registered
445 Posts
yea i have the same problem... but it only happens when i remote start my truck.... i dont even want to bother with it so i just leave it. lol

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
mine does that as well but i have the plug n play version of your HID kit. All i do is turn the key to "on" for a couple seconds, let the lights warm up than crank the truck up and they stay on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts