GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 6000k HID's from inmotion perf today and installed and snapped some pics of everything
The Kit:
DSC00316.gif

DSC00317.gif

back of headlight:
DSC00318.gif

Left ballast mounted:
DSC00319.gif

DSC00320.gif

Stock 9006 on left, HID on right:
DSC00321-1.gif

Right ballast mounted:
DSC00322.gif

·
nytahoeon23's
1,147 Posts
looks good makes it so much better to drive and night with the hids.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got em from inmotion performance, a sponsor on here run by dub silverado, id highly recommend them

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Adam, hit up Josh (DubSilverado), he takes care of Aftermath guys, good person to deal with....

Moto316.. are those like intensely bright? I like the looks of the stock Escalade, etc, HIDs, but cant stand the people who put the brightest lights possible into some Honda or something that completely blind the shit out of me... Just wondering what these compare to?

·
Asian as fuck!
3,863 Posts
looks good man!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
superchargedss, there not ricy purpley or anything, there kind of similar to 'lade hid's but the escalade lights kinda have that look that i cant quite put my finger on that make them look real good, yes there bright as hell but i dont think im gonna be blinding anyone cuz there aimed pretty good, btw your crew cab looks sick, i cant wait to get my rims

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
so they just plug into the factory headlight harness or do you have to wire them somehow?

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Kewl, you made it look so easy I may have to get some:hmm:

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
If you wan't a nice clean cutoff with no glare, do a Projector Retro-Fit.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
lights look good man.

good to see another guy from MA here. :)

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
It is a great kit and Josh is an awesome guy to deal with. I had a little ballast problem just recently and he replaced it free of charge.
I have the 8000k kit and they have a nice blue tint to them. If you want more of a white with minor blue, i suggest 6000k.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea the kit for our trucks is pretty much plug n play, you take out the old bulb, and take that plug that went into the old bulb and stick it into the ballast and thats pretty much it. Theres an extra harness that comes with the kit that confused me at first, but then i realized that i didnt need it at all.
And yes that is the Big 3 that you see with the blue wiring, its pretty simple, connect a cable from your battery positive to your alternator, your battery negative to ground(chassis) and then from engine block to ground, the only pain in the ass part is crimping the big 1/0 gauge terminals onto the wire

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
yea the kit for our trucks is pretty much plug n play, you take out the old bulb, and take that plug that went into the old bulb and stick it into the ballast and thats pretty much it. Theres an extra harness that comes with the kit that confused me at first, but then i realized that i didnt need it at all.
And yes that is the Big 3 that you see with the blue wiring, its pretty simple, connect a cable from your battery positive to your alternator, your battery negative to ground(chassis) and then from engine block to ground, the only pain in the ass part is crimping the big 1/0 gauge terminals onto the wire

that extra harness you speak of was probably a harness that hooks the lights up with your battery. it's better for HIDs to draw their power from the battery because they take so much power upon start up. otherwise you run the risk of burning the stock wiring.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts