GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinkin bout buying one but not sure what size bulb to get. What is the brightest bulb that they have. I was thinkin bout the 10000k cuz they have a blue tint to them. Are they bright or are the 8000k the brightest? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
higher the "k" the lower the output of light.
4300k is the brightest white light, 6000k(which I have) is bright but has a blue/white tint.

here is a good chart
ColorChart1.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. that chart helped alot. cuz most places ive looked at dont show it that well. How bout all the ppl drivin round with blue headlights that are bright as fuck.. Those aren't HIDs are they cuz i see them in half the vehicles around here.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
8000k...they are bright as fuck, but I love them.
DSC04235.jpg

DSC04236.jpg

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
where r you going to get them from?

·
Your HID Preferred Vendor
2,595 Posts
I recommend 6k for your lows and 4.3 or 5k for high beams. if that monte is what your after for lights, I've got both in stock for you and can ship them out tomorrow. Of course, if you want bluer, 8 or 10 work, but keep in mind you are going to lose a lot of light output with 10k. If you want a good blue look but still decent output, i'd go with 8k. anymore than that and LEO might start to give you some trouble. There is a group buy going on with some killer deals. E-mail me at [email protected] or the group buy is under spencers hids forum, labeled group buy.
Spencer

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
So after doing some research I think I want to go with the 6000's but my question is what size bulb do I need if I want to replace my lows. It is for a 2008 RCSB Chevy. Also do you guys think I need to do the relay or not. I read some thread about both ways just wasn't sure what I should do.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
So after doing some research I think I want to go with the 6000's but my question is what size bulb do I need if I want to replace my lows. It is for a 2008 RCSB Chevy. Also do you guys think I need to do the relay or not. I read some thread about both ways just wasn't sure what I should do.
Your going to need the H11 bulbs for your low beams. You may not need a relay. I dont have one in mine and it works fine.

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
Your going to need the H11 bulbs for your low beams. You may not need a relay. I dont have one in mine and it works fine.
Ok sweet thanks. Yea I mean, I could do it either way but if I can come across a kit that is cheaper without the relay then I might jsut do that. I also have the W/T model so I don't have any fog lights.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
:word:
No relay and no problems here(yet). I'll keep it that way when/until I need a relay.

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
:word:
No relay and no problems here(yet). I'll keep it that way when/until I need a relay.
Ok thats exactly what I am going to do then is just get a kit without the relay and if I start having problems I will just buy a relay then. Where did all of you guys mount your ballasts?

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Ok thats exactly what I am going to do then is just get a kit without the relay and if I start having problems I will just buy a relay then. Where did all of you guys mount your ballasts?
I put mine on my Cold air intake plate, and the washer fluid tube.

·
Your HID Preferred Vendor
2,595 Posts
Do not mount the ballasts to metal or you might have interference with your radio.
If you have a new body style chevy, you need h11, if you have old body style, you need 9006. When I get my truck back tomorrow I am going to take a bunch of pictures and do a write up for low beam Installation including ballast mounting points. On the chevy trucks there are a lot of places to mount to. As far as not mounting to metal, I mount to metal on all of my installs, but i use 3m trim tape to mount them, so there is no issues. the trim tape is the best option i've come across to mount because it provides insulation against vibration and any other issues and it holds very tight as long as you clean the area very well first.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts