GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
All Bark No Bite
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought DDM hids with their wiring harness and recently I have had problems with the AC when they kick on. Are you supposed to have the power wire connected to the battery itself or is the red battery box sufficient?

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,391 Posts
what? you aren't. you hook the old bulb harness to the ballast and then the new HIDs to the ballast.

·
All Bark No Bite
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what? you aren't. you hook the old bulb harness to the ballast and then the new HIDs to the ballast.
Yea thats how im running them.

·
All Bark No Bite
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
relay harness is suppose to go to the battery and make sure it's grounded well too.
Ok cool, the ground is good but I'll have to switch up the power wire then.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
you can run them off the red box too. mines on the box. but when i go to a top post battery i will put them on there

·
All Bark No Bite
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason I ask is bec when I go into a parking garage or when its getting dark, they automatically come as normal but it kicks the AC off and it blows nothing but hot air. Once I cut the truck off and start it again the AC is fine. I just figured is wasn't getting enough power. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
thats REALLY weird its messing with your AC. what are you grounded too?

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
yeah that sounds like possibly a bad ground

·
All Bark No Bite
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is grounded between the plate the battery sits on. It seemed like a good spot, where do yall have yours grounded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts