GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
08 VORTECMAX 4x4
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the plate for people hiding their antenna on an nbs. I had it on for about a week and lost too much radio reception. I got it through a buddy at a GM dealership so $20 shipped obo.

·
08 VORTECMAX 4x4
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the part number: 15287179

Here is the pic.

·
Eat Yo' Face
727 Posts
thats pretty cool never knew that existed bump!

·
Registered
137 Posts
thats pretty cool never knew that existed bump!
It's a stock escalade part number.

ninja edit: Where in the IE are you? I travel between Palm Desert and south OC on a weekly basis. Any chance I could just swing by and pick it up Saturday morning? Maybe friday afternoon? If not it would probably cost $3 to ship it.

Would you go $15 shipped if we can't manage to meet up?

·
08 VORTECMAX 4x4
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a stock escalade part number.

ninja edit: Where in the IE are you? I travel between Palm Desert and south OC on a weekly basis. Any chance I could just swing by and pick it up Saturday morning? Maybe friday afternoon? If not it would probably cost $3 to ship it.

Would you go $15 shipped if we can't manage to meet up?
Ya, you can pick it up if you want, I live in Yucaipa a couple minutes off the 10fwy or I can just take it to work with me on Saturday (right off the 91)

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Seems its only a few people. Most people who have done it still got the same reception. Not sure what the deal is with mine.

·
Sierra Owner
348 Posts
Did the mod on my antenna, and have had no issues picking up radio stations. Guess its hit and miss. Good luck with the sale!

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
You may have just talked me out of it.......

Is there any solution to the reception problem?
i've had mine done for over a year now with no loss in readio reception, expect in a few weird places, but usually fixed by moving forward slightly.

i un-bolted my antenna screw, screwed it back into the bottom of the antenna, and ran a new ground wire from the base back to were it mounts. its all hidden by the new peice.

·
08 VORTECMAX 4x4
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He pm'd before you did. It was a busy week. I'm sorry I didn't respond to let you know. BTW it's not weak, with your offer i was losing money on a BRAND NEW part.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts