GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently want hids but have aftermarket projectors and they wont work so I was wondering if anyone knows if hids will work in clear lens aftermarket headlights. Thanks

these are the ones im interested in getting

·
Registered
177 Posts
as long as its a 9006 for low they should work, just have to worry about them sealing good, sylvania makes some hid&lens assemblies, check into those

·
Registered
253 Posts
i have the exact lights and they work fine

the only aftermarket lights they will NOT work with is the "projector" ones. Most of the projector style use a H3 bulb instead of the stock bulb. the h3 bulb mounts way different and much smaller.

weeee.jpg

truck2-1.jpg

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as long as its a 9006 for low they should work, just have to worry about them sealing good, sylvania makes some hid&lens assemblies, check into those
thanks man i've seen the sylvanias but i'm looking for black and those suckers are pretty expensive.

tlhanks 99 silverado those healights look pretty sweet on your truck did you get them off of ebay or locally?

·
Registered
253 Posts
ebay... I smashed up the projector style ones I had on the truck, along with the rest of the front end, which is why the hood is black (oem GM hood from a black truck) and the bumper still has a dent in it. Ended up repairing it all for roughly $700 :D (besides bumper, plan on SS cover in future, so didnt bother replacing).
towtruck.jpg

There good lights but there quality is a little on the low side. I recieved mine with a broken plastic mount on one headlight. Picked up some "Plastic Welder" 2 part epoxy and fixed it. put them in and shut the hood and the othe side broke in same spot :bawl: more epoxy... its was worth it though. beats paying $200-300 at stylin concepts etc for the same looking lights.

on a side note, the sylvania's are nice, but not "that nice" for $1000 a pair :read:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering why you had the black hood the truck looks good though I think Im gonna get these lights and get some 8000k hids thanks for the help man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts