GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up some 8000k HID's. These lights are SOOOOO much brighter than my old hyperwhites. It's amazingly brighter.
CIMG4984.jpg

CIMG4978.jpg

Here they are with the Luminics Hyperwhite fogs.
CIMG4981.jpg

The fogs aren't as blue, and aren't nearly as bright as the HID's, but I seriously doubt I need HID's in the fogs b/c of how bright the heads are. The fogs match close enough.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I'll never go back to any halogen light on any car/truck I own. I took my HIDS out cause I was having problems with one of my ballasts and I drove around a week with the regular lights in and wow.... I couldnt see shit.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
I'll never go back to any halogen light on any car/truck I own. I took my HIDS out cause I was having problems with one of my ballasts and I drove around a week with the regular lights in and wow.... I couldnt see shit.
agreed

what kit did you go with scott?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
looking good man, ive been really dying to get a set of hids for lows and fogs. where did you get them from and how much$$$

·
DisgruntleD
3,822 Posts
I'm going to have to continue holding out until I can afford to get fogs, lows, and highs, and to those of you that say you don't need highs, I live in the countryside, the more light I can spread around at night on the roads, the better, because deer can do alot of damage.

Those look great, can you get a picture from out in front of it at night, just to see how blue they look?

And what kit did you get?

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Scott is a baller.
Well duh! :crazy:

I wanted the 8k, how does it look from a distance coming at you? Anybody tell you, or have you seen it yourself?
It looks awesome. It's kinda hard to describe. I'll get a picture tonight.

agreed

what kit did you go with scott?
I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's Plasma HID. It was pretty much plug and play.

nice dude..... what kinda bulbs u got in the fogs again .. i need to get something to match my dam 8oook's in the headlights...
The brand is Luminics. They are hyper white/ultra white bulbs. You can get them locally at Sonic Boom. It's near Mobile One Audio.
Prestige Customs on Causeway carries the hyper white bulbs also, but they are a different brand and more expensive. About $40 a pair.

looking good man, ive been really dying to get a set of hids for lows and fogs. where did you get them from and how much$$$
Local shop. They were about $240ish.

Those look great, can you get a picture from out in front of it at night, just to see how blue they look?
I'll get you a pic tonight.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts