GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure im just overlooking it so would someone point me in the right direction.

I looked but couldnt really find anything where anyone had used LED headlight bulbs like these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Whit...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bd7e7a99

How are these compared to HIDs?

Im really tired of messing with ballast going out.

But on the other hand I have leds in my parking lights and about half of the leds in them are out.!

·
TTG shawty
3,101 Posts
the problem is your buying cheap ebay junk. buy real HID's from the vendor on here and you wont have a problem.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the problem is your buying cheap ebay junk. buy real HID's from the vendor on here and you wont have a problem.

Well actually ur wrong buddy I do still have a problem straight from the vendor. I have used both vendor..ebay.. and I order them for everyone around here where I live. And they all mess up and vvme I used to use until the last 3 or 4 sets I got from them kept messing up and the leds I got from them, they were junk. I

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
u can get a set of hid's off ebay for that price if not cheaper. i believe they're vvme?? ive ran them with no problems as have some of my buddies.

Im not new to HIDs I have been running them for 3 or 4 years now, I just see how a bunch of new stuff are going to led headlights so I was just wondering bout them.

·
resident craigslist whore
1,712 Posts
Well actually ur wrong buddy I do still have a problem straight from the vendor. I have used both vendor..ebay.. and I order them for everyone around here where I live. And they all mess up and vvme I used to use until the last 3 or 4 sets I got from them kept messing up and the leds I got from them, they were junk. I
If your one truck is going through "quality" kits so often, and from numerous different vendors you have the same issue, I'd have to think it's something with your truck, not their parts, that keep them going bad.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
The LEDs won't project. They're bright if you're standing in front of the truck, and they're good for a DRL, but you will not get any usable light output from them. The lens technology is still a ways off from being cheap and/or effective enough to have them as a primary means of illumination.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your one truck is going through "quality" kits so often, and from numerous different vendors you have the same issue, I'd have to think it's something with your truck, not their parts, that keep them going bad.

Its not the same truck i have had about 8 vehicle in the last 2 years that I put them in and 3 fourwheelers and im just saying it seems like me and all my buddies are always having ballast go bad.

·
Registered
860 Posts
In order for leds to light up very bright which can be done will take to much power to make them work properly. It can be done, but will work under a projector and will consist of a lot of work.

2013 Lexus GS has led headlights.

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
The LEDs won't project. They're bright if you're standing in front of the truck, and they're good for a DRL, but you will not get any usable light output from them. The lens technology is still a ways off from being cheap and/or effective enough to have them as a primary means of illumination.
Actually that's not true, look up LED light bars or LED replacement headlights.

My buddy had LED bars on his truck and it turns night into day, same technology has been made smaller too to run in everyday apps

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
It CAN be done, but to be done effectively is going to cost A LOT of money. Look up the price of a Rigid LED bar- yeah they are bright but you are going to pay for it too.

All the replacement LED headlight bulbs I have seen are crap. In fact I have yet to see a set of reverse LED lights be actually brighter than stock- so I doubt headlights would be any different. I bought a set of LED taillight bulbs off ebay that claimed to be 5x brighter than stock- too bad you could barely tell the difference between running and brake light.

I haven't used any others since after that, but I haven't spent the coin on a set of 'good' leds either- ($40 a bulb prices)

·
resident craigslist whore
1,712 Posts
In order for leds to light up very bright which can be done will take to much power to make them work properly.
Aren't LED's made to be the exact opposite of that and run at a much lower wattage but still put out as much or more light than their filament bulb counterpart? That's why you have to put the circuit resistor inline when you change from normal lights to LED turn's on motorcycles, the 12V the normal blinkers need to operate have to be knocked way down because it's power overkill for the LED's.

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
In order for leds to light up very bright which can be done will take to much power to make them work properly. It can be done, but will work under a projector and will consist of a lot of work.

2013 Lexus GS has led headlights.
No. It has 26 L.E.D Daytime running lights. Like ALL the other lux brands do now.

See video in link

·
Registered
860 Posts
Leds do draw less power but, when you [email protected] an led to be as bright as headlights hids in this case. You will need more juice for them to become brighter. Just look it up. Most high powered leds will need to inside a projector with a mirror to reflect the light more.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.