GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most people carry alot of gear to go on wheeling trips. Right mow my High Lift stays in the back seat, and i was wandering if you guys can post pictures of good mounting solutions for your High Lift Jack. Im wanting to mount min in the bed of the toyota. I seen they make brackets on the high lift site but the installed pics suck ass. I know Somone on here will have something to show me:D

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
is there any way for you to get inside the bed? like between the box itself and the outer fender? at one point i had mine on a panel that was bolted to the lip of hte bed, ran 2 carriage bolts through it, washer on the outside, nut tightened down on it, toss the hi lift on it, then get 2 wing nuts and tighten them down.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I bought the Hi-Lift lockable mounts from them because they pictured them on the upper bed rail on the inside. I got them and there is no way they will fit they way they have them pictured. So my 60" Hi-Lift is behind my back seat.

·
4,725 Posts
put it in her butt

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
anything except on the roof or the bumpers:D keep it hiden! i hate it when people mount those things on the bumper and shit.. :nono: makes you look like every 16-20 year old in my town. i even saw that shit on the grill of a 2wd maybe 1985ish ford ranger the other day.. covered in mud.. all stock except the hi-lift :head2: :badidea:

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan on putting it in the bed. Say in the inner bed skin right under the bedrails. I maight just have to fab up some brackets and use self tapping screws to fasten it to inside of bed then bolt jack to the brackets?

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
you know when i get one im puttin it under teh ext.cab seat

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My narrow ass toyota cant handle a 60" my 48 barely fits in the cab. i looked on the high lift site and i will make me some brackets similar to theirs, just make them to fit the location i want to put it in.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump for somone to give me more ideas, This afternoon, ill see what i can fab up, with some 4x2x16 gage angle. that shit comes in handy for small things like this.

·
UH6TDRVR
148 Posts
You could try to mount it upright in the front corner of the bed, but then everyone would still be able to see it, what about width wise across the front of the bed? Mayble like said before, under the bed rail so no one can see it unless they are looking in the bed? But then have it painted/powdercoated to match the truck?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It will have to go on a bedside due to a toolbox up front and up right jcaks are hideous, and begging for someone to steal it.

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
i jut keep mine in the tool box. i plan on making some mounts for it to put it on the inside of my tool box lid.

i agree on external mounting, i see jeeps round here and it looks so gay! i think that a neked lady hood ornament would be better then a hi lift!

·
How y'all durrren?!
246 Posts
i jut keep mine in the tool box. i plan on making some mounts for it to put it on the inside of my tool box lid.

i agree on external mounting, i see jeeps round here and it looks so gay! i think that a neked lady hood ornament would be better then a hi lift!
I'm working on something similar, but I'll have it mounted to the front wall of my tool box, with an axe and shovel on the back wall, then all my other tow crap and fluids in between. I'm also adding provisions to hold the tire of my dirtbike and my mountain bike, as well as my riding gear. I may be getting another tool box next week, so I don't know when I'll be done, but when I do I'll post up some pics.

Tom

·
previously USMC05
552 Posts

Agreed mine also is in the tool box nice place for it out of the weather and secure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts