GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to say first that i've searched and looked this modification up on here and i'm still confused that's why i'm makin this post. What is the simplest way to keep the low beams on while the high beams are on? any help is much appreciated guys, thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read that one, so what laynlow77 did is the easiest?

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
I don't mean to sound rude but how much easier do you want it? It's one wire and a 15 cent diode. Aside from asking your truck nicely to keep the low beams on when putting the highs on it won't be getting any easier.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wanted to get it right, i know i sound stupid but just didn't want to screw up anything bad sorry for the stupid question so wire on 85 hight to 85 low with diode and white end of it towards high beam?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ginger, appreciate it man

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do i have to sauder the diode into the wire or can i just take the wire and rap it around the end and electrical tape it together?

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
do i have to sauder the diode into the wire or can i just take the wire and rap it around the end and electrical tape it together?
Holy shit man...don't do this mod, you are going to burn your truck down. Seriously, just go to an audio shop with the CLEAR instructions that are in the tech thread and let them handle it.

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
Or buy a 4-Hi kit, even a retard can install one of those. Requires no cutting or soldering of any wires.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i just did this mod and i love it ,it cheep and effective. no probs. don't listen to that other guy,he probably freaks out at the thought of doing his own oil change.lololol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been looking to do this mod but everything is DIY or a kit that isn't plug and play. I had to find a better solution and found this kit called The Brite Box online doing a little bit of research if this helps anyone. I have one on the way

1 - 15 of 15 Posts