1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Don't even know what they are man sorry

·
Registered
957 Posts
I get them locally here in Modesto. They run about .20 each i believe. Thats for a 3/4" shaft. The place is called davids racing products.

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
there for my coilovers

thanks
You might want to check with your c/o manufacturer. They usually use custom width sets IIRC to clear the cap.

I get them locally here in Modesto. They run about .20 each i believe. Thats for a 3/4" shaft. The place is called davids racing products.
$.20/pc for a 3/4" HMS?!? Highly unlikely, that's way below cost for the stainless 303 stock to make them, let alone the machine time to turn them.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, but he has to order them
You might want to check with your c/o manufacturer. They usually use custom width sets IIRC to clear the cap.

$.20/pc for a 3/4" HMS?!? Highly unlikely, that's way below cost for the stainless 303 stock to make them, let alone the machine time to turn them.
Pro Comp wont help and I know the size i'm lookin for, thanks. I've seen them for about $8

·
Registered
957 Posts

:think: I may be wrong, as i never buy them individually..They seem extremely cheap. The spacers i get from there are not stainless, just zinc, so maybe that explains the price.

Edit: Didnt see the picture or the fact that they are high misalignment spacers for mounting a coilover and not a standard heim misalignment spacer.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Can I use a different spacer for the top mount :hmm:
If there is a standard shaft i dont see why you cant use a standard misalignment spacer..

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Misalignment spacers and high misalignment spacers are very very different. The names by themselves indicate a very big difference between the two being the effective misalignment angle.

You need the high misalignment spacers in order to drop the uniballs in the c/o caps ID to 1/2". The high misalignment spacers for c/o's are usually made for a larger mounting width than a rod end high misalignment spacer as well as with a smaller step at the ball.

I'd order through Poly or find another part distributor from your c/o manufacturer if you find you do need specific HMS's.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Misalignment spacers and high misalignment spacers are very very different. The names by themselves indicate a very big difference between the two being the effective misalignment angle.

You need the high misalignment spacers in order to drop the uniballs in the c/o caps ID to 1/2". The high misalignment spacers for c/o's are usually made for a larger mounting width than a rod end high misalignment spacer as well as with a smaller step at the ball.

I'd order through Poly or find another part distributor from your c/o manufacturer if you find you do need specific HMS's.
Have you ever delt with Kartek.

·
Registered
957 Posts

I believe the standard misalignment spacers would still work though. If a 1/2" inside dimension is still required due to the size of the coilovers shaft just buy a sleeve to fit inside the ball making it 1/2", if not just use a larger bolt. as far as the clearance of the coilover, the spacers i buy are fairly deep, i believe they would still work perfect. If it were me i would do this much rather than spend 8 dollars a piece on something that could be done for much cheaper. The large step at the ball can sometimes be found on standard misalignments too, although it isnt necessary..

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Western speed and fuel might be able to order them.

I ordered mine online from midwest controls for my swaybar.

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
I believe the standard misalignment spacers would still work though. If a 1/2" inside dimension is still required due to the size of the coilovers shaft just buy a sleeve to fit inside the ball making it 1/2", if not just use a larger bolt. as far as the clearance of the coilover, the spacers i buy are fairly deep, i believe they would still work perfect. If it were me i would do this much rather than spend 8 dollars a piece on something that could be done for much cheaper. The large step at the ball can sometimes be found on standard misalignments too, although it isnt necessary..
Seriously?

·
All Black Everything!
116 Posts
Can you take some pics during the install and measure the height before and after?? What lift do you have??
Yea ill take some pics should be on this weekend, im gonna be cranking them almost all the way up. I have the basic Pro Comp 6" Im thinking of putting an RC leveling kit with the GMR UCAs, and level out the back also for more lift, not sure tho

1 - 20 of 21 Posts