GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
In Denial
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG! This has to be one of the baddest trucks EVER! I'm sooo in love with this whole truck!

SUPER CLEAN PAINT!

LOVE THE SUB REAR DOOR!

LS1 BABY!!!

NOTICE THE SUBURBAN ROOF MOLDED IN? THE K-5'S HAD REMOVABLE TOPS!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Not into the graphics, but if I was gonna do a '73-'87 I'd send it to them. They do awsome work with that year range truck. :head:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Scream said:
NOTICE THE SUBURBAN ROOF MOLDED IN? THE K-5'S HAD REMOVABLE TOPS!
What kinda idiots would do that? I liked the fact you could remove the roof and thought thats was what made these blazers so badass .... oh well, I still like it, but would like it more if it could go topless :boobs:

·
In Denial
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I've heard (never having owned one) taking the top on and off is a royal PITA. I have a friend with one, and he keeps saying that he's gonna yank the top off of it for a beach trip, but I've yet to see that happen! :D

Plus, I don't know that ANYONE's done that yet. I think it looks really clean--kinda like a pre-Tahoe look.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
werd to the pre-tahoe look, no seams is what they were going for bcubed, taht truck is amazing...

as far as taking off the top being hard, some people say it is but we did it to my boys and it took us 10 minutes :read:

·
Need to go faster!
376 Posts
Scream said:
From what I've heard (never having owned one) taking the top on and off is a royal PITA. I have a friend with one, and he keeps saying that he's gonna yank the top off of it for a beach trip, but I've yet to see that happen! :D

Plus, I don't know that ANYONE's done that yet. I think it looks really clean--kinda like a pre-Tahoe look.
I drove an '84 K5 before my truck now, and yeah, it's a pain in the arse to put it back on. It's really heavy.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Scream said:

it is not hard at all it takes about 15 mins to get the bolts off and it two people to lift it. me and my brother both had one we took the top off all the time you just need to check the weather.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
That thing is badass...and the tops aren't that bad to take off...ive had mine off and one like 5 times this year. Worst part for me is takin the bolts out for the seat belts...91s have the seatbelts in the rear connected to the top. Ive always thought about sellin my truck and baggin a 2wd...maybe ill just finish up this blazer, find a 2wd blazer and bag that instead of an actual truck...slammed K5s look badass...

·
Registered
248 Posts
RedneckDude said:
That thing is badass...and the tops aren't that bad to take off...ive had mine off and one like 5 times this year. Worst part for me is takin the bolts out for the seat belts...91s have the seatbelts in the rear connected to the top. Ive always thought about sellin my truck and baggin a 2wd...maybe ill just finish up this blazer, find a 2wd blazer and bag that instead of an actual truck...slammed K5s look badass...
Hell, if I were you, I'd just keep your nice '91 and convert it to 2wd. They stopped making the 2wd K5s after the '82 model year, but it's easy to convert them. All you need is a 2wd front crossmember and steering box and the 2wd leaf spring hangers.

I have an '84 K5 Jimmy and I have a donor '82 2wd K5 frame laying around if I ever get the time and money someday.

·
Registered
413 Posts
that thing is sick. i love the burban rear window. looks like an old 2 door tahoe. but yea im not too sure about that paint job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts