GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was headed into work on Sundy morning, early Sunday morning, I took 94 from Gurnee to Buckley, and as soon as I got half down the on-ramp the guy in the back of my head told me to punch it. So i stomped the hell out of it and hit the rev limiter :supergay: for the first time ever. I was at 75 mph and have had this truck in the triple digits down the Expressway, with out a problem. Any clue?

I am thinking the tranny failed to shift and the pcm was playing it safe. Has this happened to anyone else? I just do not want this to happen to me when I finally decide to run it down the track.:driver:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
ive been bouncing off the rev limiter before, but that was when i was stuck in mud trying to get out

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
trany slip???

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
rev limiter? I haven't found mine yet and I can't believe I haven't floated the valves.

I would guess tranny slip or computer problem. Was the truck still pulling or did it just jump straight up there and not pull the truck at all?

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
5400-5500 RPM, in a 4.3L Sixer. I've hit mine before. Gotta love I-10, an entrance ramp and a song with a driving beat.

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
have you done any computer work? cause if you set the tranny shift speed too high, it will bounce off the rev limiter before it shifts becuase it's trying to get to that higher speed. If you don't have any computer work, then i would say it was your tranny slipping, but you are the only one that drove it, so do you think or feel that it slipped?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts