GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a hidden hitch that will work with a factory rear bumper on my 06 crew cab? I had a sir michaels one and it only worked with a roll pan. I drag my current factory hitch all the time so I am looking for something that will give me some more clearance out back since I will be going lower here pretty soon. :D

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
you want it tight to the rear bumper? the draw tite one i have is right up against it. doesn't hang down far like factory ones.

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
There is a hidden hitch that works with the rear bumper, my friend has one and it looks clean. Ill get the part # tomorrow, Ive been wanting to get one too.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just mounted a hidden hitch on my 05 crew cab just got the one thats for my truck it bolted into the previous hitch's holes no problem just need to find a ballmount that will work i need about a 4" rise

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want one that you remove the license plate on the FACTORY bumper and that is where the hitch is. Not any of that shit that is below the rear bumper. That is what I have already and it's fucked

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I want one that you remove the license plate on the FACTORY bumper and that is where the hitch is. Not any of that shit that is below the rear bumper. That is what I have already and it's fucked
Yeh I was positive thats what you were talking about...shouldn't be too hard to make with your skills.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
You can put a spring loaded hinge so you don't have to remove the plate.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
ah i see. i would think the hidden hitch would work. find someone with one and have them take some measurements for you to see if it lines up. :imo

You can put a spring loaded hinge so you don't have to remove the plate.
word. you could prob find the flipdown plate holder from a third gen camaro/firebird. they have them so you can get to the hatch keylock. those cars are everywhere.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a sir michaels hidden hitch for a roll pan and it did not work. I guess I deleted the pictures that I had. I probably could have made it work but I am actually looking for a bolt on hitch that is made to come out behind the license plate on the factory rear bumper. If no one makes one and I have to build one, then that is cool. I just don't have the time right now to mess with it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i have the hidden hitch roll pan hitch behind my factory bumper it lines up ok but the hitch is not right behind the plate its set back a few inches

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
your hitch cant be any worse than the one that was on my hoe when i got it :crazy:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Pretty sure that one goes under the bumper.
Yea it does i was just looking for the hidden hitch made for gm bumpers it doesnt hang as low. I think the rollpan one would work it wud just be offset behind the bumper alot.

your hitch cant be any worse than the one that was on my hoe when i got it :crazy:
:head2: drag that shit

1 - 20 of 26 Posts