GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have found a deal on a hitch for my 07 silverado 1500. It came off a 04 2500, would it fit mine? And what's a decent price to pay for one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Don't think it will fit. It would fit if you put a 1.5 body lift on. 07 classic or NNBS?

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
Don't think it will fit. It would fit if you put a 1.5 body lift on. 07 classic or NNBS?
This.

If your truck is an 07c it would fit only if you had a 1.5"-2" body lift installed.

If its an 07 nnbs you're out of luck either way.

For a factory hitch, $50-$100 depending on condition. Any more than that and you can buy new aftermarket.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How don't find out if it's a classic or nnbs? Not sure what that even means. Lol I also found a hitch from an 05 2500 van for sale and I'm suppose to meet him Thursday to buy it if it works. Think it would work?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Post a picture of your truck up

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,697 Posts
Vans have a different frame in the rear.

You should ask before you make plans to meet someone next time

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vans have a different frame in the rear.

You should ask before you make plans to meet someone next time

I asked the seller and he said it would fit. So I did ask before I made plans, I was getting a second opinion on it before I meet him.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't have many pictures on my phone but here's one.

And here is a screen shot of the email where I asked if it would fit my model and he looked it up.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
You have a nnbs. Highly doubtful that the van one will fit.

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
I feel like this is something you should have easily been able to figure out OP...

First, the hitch owner is full of shit, lets just get that out of the way. He just wants to make the sale, he'll tell you anything you want to hear to get the cash in his pocket.

Using approximately 3 brain cells I was able to locate the craigslist ad in question.
http://hickory.craigslist.org/pts/4611725550.html

I see you have the part number from the craigslist ad available right here(good guy cl seller):

Using a slight bit more common sense we Google the part number and brand
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hidden+Hitch+Trailer+Hitch+-+82580

That will give the the Google search results for said item. Let click some links and see what information we can find.

Lets try the first link
http://www.hiddenhitch.com/products...-iv-receiver/WfzaCtfZMf3bQWAnjcpetlpSpPRsm23e

Wow! Does that site also happen to have an application guide? Yep sure does. Let try entering in the vehicle information of your truck.
This hitch does not fit your 2007 Chevrolet Silverado. However, other products in this category fit your vehicle. Please click "go" to find the correct hitch for your 2007 Chevrolet Silverado.
What a bummer

If I had more time I'd teach you how to search the manufacture's site for product information.
http://www.hiddenhitch.com/products...-iv-receiver/WfzaCtfZMf3bQWAnjcpetlpSpPRsm23e

Until next time :wave:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well alright then. lol all you had to say is it wouldn't work.

I didn't have time to look while I was at work. But thanks for answering my question.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,697 Posts
Well alright then. lol all you had to say is it wouldn't work.

I didn't have time to look while I was at work. But thanks for answering my question.

Maybe because when I said you did not feel like listening

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Nnbs is just a term some guys use its for 07.5-2013 trucks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe because when I said you did not feel like listening

Forums are for asking questions and all that, or at least all the other forums that I have been on. I wasn't trying to be a butt about it I was just saying. No need to get all butthurt over it.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,697 Posts
Forums are for asking questions and all that, or at least all the other forums that I have been on. I wasn't trying to be a butt about it I was just saying. No need to get all butthurt over it.

Oh no butt hurt just explaining it as you got testy. just seems like everyone wants answers handed to them nowadays

1 - 18 of 18 Posts