GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a guy on LS1truck selling some Motto MT100 6 lug rims

what do you guys think about these rims?

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
If it was the right price, i would get them, i like them.

BUT, id get that damn radix on before i went and bought some new rims...lol j/k

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i like the rims on ur truck... its fitting since ur truck mostly is performance stuff. If anything i'd get some intros:rocking:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I'd look for some light weight wheels to help compliment your search for power instead of hinder it :read:

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Y2KSierra said:
I'd look for some light weight wheels to help compliment your search for power instead of hinder it :read:

ya i asked the guy about how much they weigh... im still waiting on a reply from him... i really want centerline to come out with some bigger spoke rims....

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I like those rims too...and if they are a lot lighter and the price is right, go for it man. those heavy ass SS take offs will slow u down a lot...

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
onyx said:
ya i asked the guy about how much they weigh... im still waiting on a reply from him... i really want centerline to come out with some bigger spoke rims....
Don't limit your search to one brand of wheel. You should check out Billet Specialties, Bonspeed, etc. They all make lightweight billet wheels in tons of designs. The Intense 6 by Bonspeed is one of my favorites!

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
they won't be lighter... if u want light, go with a set of billets. My old 20s were rediculously heavy, like 70 lbs a piece. My intros weigh almost nothing. Any billet rim should be pretty light though.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dude!!! these are awesome... :drool:

to bad they 5 lug

the intense 6's look badass too...

·
5,501 Posts
If he wasn't droppin the radix on, id say keep the SS rims...but Radix = performance...75 lb rims don't...id say keep searching and find some billets or lightweight chromes that look good...it really shouldn't be too hard considerin how many different rims there are out there.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the good thing about the heavy SS rims is that they will help me hook up with that little extra weight...

·
5,501 Posts
i guess thats good in a way, but id rather have a lil extra weight in the bed...its harder to get heavy rims spinnin...150 lbs of rims and now weight in the bed vs. 50 lbs of rims and 100 lbs in the bed, the rims weighin 25 lbs a piece really should be quicker, even wiht the extra wight, than the 75 lb rims...

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
onyx said:
dude!!! these are awesome... :drool:

DAMN that makes me wish i kept my truck!

i think you should get some lightwieght rims like these guys were sayin, then hook up a coilover 4-link in back, and get your traction that way, fiberglass hood/fenders, batt in back :read:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I know the whole point is getting some lighter rims, but if it just up to looks, I would vote for the SS rims. I think they look sweet on your truck :bowtie:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
higher rotational inertia is alot worse than just regular inertia... and i wouldn't count on having heavy rims to hook up well on the ground...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts