GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I am running an excessive amperage 250 alt. It works pretty well. The lowest I have ever been able to get it is 12.9v at idle (550rpm), and thats with system blaring, 2 air compressors, lights, blah blah blah. As soon as the rpm goes up its up to 14v no matter the load.

Ive had it for almost 3 years and it broke on me a few months ago, appearently they dont like to be spun 6300rpm+ with an overdrive pulley...who knew. Cost me $40 for a repair, got it back, broke again pretty much as soon as I took it past 4k rpm. Sent it back again and it looks like he replaced some of the internals instead of just epoxying them and its worked great again so far.

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts
:slap:

PM Ratt Ron!
:shake:

yeah, I'm running a 200amp...

I tried pm'ing Ratt Ron several months ago, with no reply.
sorry man, I hadent logged in a while and haddent re-upped my supporting members benefit ran out deleting a shit ton of messages. If there still anything I can do for you, gimmia shout. 800-753-2242 m-f 8-5 eastern.:shake:

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
:shake:

sorry man, I hadent logged in a while and haddent re-upped my supporting members benefit ran out deleting a shit ton of messages. If there still anything I can do for you, gimmia shout. 800-753-2242 m-f 8-5 eastern.:shake:

ah, no worries now... I just ordered my black 200 from db electrical a few months ago and was trying to get ahold of you. Bad timing on my part I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts