GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i took my front liscense plate off and now there 2 little black squares where the plate use to be, what can i use to cover that up that will at least kind of looks like a chrome finish, just until i can afford a new bumper cover...

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Yeah...I was thinking about doing the same, but I figured since the holes were already there I'd leave it...just got myself a nice chrome plate frame. But my family's Impala and T/A are rolling without front plates (even though required by Texas law) but they don't seem to care too much about it around here...but if you get pulled over for something else, they'll usually tack that along with the other charges...

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have had my truck for two years and I have never been hassled about a front plate. I took mine off and put some really nice polished bolts up front that fit flush with the bumper and look good. Now I have the denali front end so it doesnt matter anyhow, but when I had the original front end that is what I did and it looked good.

Most cops look for other reasons to pull you over to make it worth their trouble, they wanna get you when they can get you good, like using bags while driving, dragging, or speeding, things that they can really nail you for.

I wouldn't worry too much about the front plate, and from what I understand, if you just show them that you have the license with you, they generally dont give you trouble.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I got pulled over for not having the plate on. It was about 2 days after I had taken it off too, but since then I havent been pulled over, for that atleast. Im thinkin about putting it back on just so they'll have one less reason to pull me over.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
yoskater said:
Yeah.. there's no way I would roll around here without my front plate on, no matter how gay it looks..
i hear you on that one, i got pulled over in huntington beach and the cop basically walk around my truck looking for stuff to write me up on

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I didn't know that many states required the use of a front license plate. The only one close to me that I know of is Illinois and their laws are strict.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I had my bro put the plate back on last Friday. I got tired of driving around and worrying about seeing cops in front of me. One less reasong for me to get pulled over. I have enough other reasons. :nono:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts