GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GMade03
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the auto parts store today and i was looking at the locking lug nuts... when they make these and distribute these do they make the same key for em all? i looked in the pack and the key's looked the same.. anybody know how they manage those bad boys?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
The keys should be different. All of mine have come with a code to order a new key, if necessary.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
yeah, each company produces a few hundred keys, each with a code, like y2ksierra said. some look very similar, but they aren't...

if you are despirate enough, you can always hammer on a few sockets of a smaller size than the actual lug nut and break it off that way. ive done this more times than i can count.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
13/16s 12 point socket hammered onto a locking lug takes it right off...

·
Registered
253 Posts
its like everything else. they make so many versions. automakers do the same thing. older gms have like 19 key variations... you can actually use your key and open doors/start cars on other vehicles :D

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
13/16s 12 point socket hammered onto a locking lug takes it right off...
i THINK its 19mm ive had luck with...and it seems from what i remmeber, 6 point was the ticket for me, although it does vary iwth lug nuts.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
its like everything else. they make so many versions. automakers do the same thing. older gms have like 19 key variations... you can actually use your key and open doors/start cars on other vehicles :D
Yeah no shit. We had to go pick up a customers truck that broke down on him, he just told us the street it was on and the we couldnt miss it. Well sure enough we find one like his parked kind wierd so I jumped out and tried the key. What do you know the door opened and then some guys come out of the store like WTF are you doing to my truck :rofl2: Uh, sorry sir. Im gonna get back in the repo truck now.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Yeah I know this is true!! I have a key that will open the door on any OBS and alot of NBS vehicles! It is a chevy key but all the edges have been smoothed...and with a little finagleing it will open any of them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts