GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace the water pump on my civic (very fun) so I went ahead and did the timing belt. I broke the timing cover :doh: and cant find one yet. If I drive carefull will I be alright driving it without the timing belt cover for a few days? And my new belt is rubbing up againt the crank pulley for some reason, I had this washer type thing with like a 1" hole in it that I have no idea where it came from. Now that I think about it, it might go between the pully and the belt to keep it off the pulley and let the belt ride on it????

·
Registered
71 Posts
:read: Yes washer goes between gear and lower cover to keep belt in line do NOT drive before washer is put back on or belt/ engine damiage could result. I'm a 12 year honda/recertified ASE master tech.Make sure when it is put back on dish away on from gear )[]( like this

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey man did you get a cover already if not I might can find one at the shop and yea the washer goes between the belt and pulley. Let me know if you got any other ?

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I know where one is, Ive got to go get it. No one had the gasket in stock either, not even Honda. So Ive got to order that too. EDIT, I guess I should be fine to drive it a couple days without the timing cover?

If anyone has it I need the driver side motor mount that bolts to the block it self, the bolt for the power steering pump broke off in it. I also need the flywheel cover, it was missing when I got the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts