GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys give me an honest opinion backed with facts maybe about why alot of you dont like dodges? There is a dealer around here with an '04 quad cab ram, hemi, 20's and loaded. There asking 18k for it. Is there actually something wrong with these, aside from "GM rules!"?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Check it over , All Manufactures have there issues,,If it is worth what there asking and you like it , buy it ..

·
meow
15,748 Posts
Not worth buying unless it has a cummins. I know people that have used them for work/pleasure and they all have sense bought different brands.

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
dodge is alright if you are looking to buy one go with a 2500 or 3500 otherwise your waisting your money. I say that because i'm loyal to chevy but i do hate ifs and the 2500 series has sfa. My personal thoughts buy a chevy and do a sfa swap on it can't ask for a better truck

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Dodges are good for the highway but aren't made to work.

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
i test drove a 1500 CC hemi i liked how it moved but behind the wheel just wasnt comfortable. maybe it is "GM RULES" syndrome but all the trucks i have driven besides gm trucks just dont work for me. the interiors are always lack luster.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
never drove a dodge as a daily driver, but alot of my friends have them and i have driven them many times. The hemi is nice. havin that much motor in a truck that size in nice. it defintiely out runs the 5.3. never offroaded or any long drives in a dodge for every day around town driving I dont see why not. the only bad thing i thought though, was when I got it, I honestly didnt like the interior, i just though it was plain and "bald". Not a whole lot of extras. but honestly, if i found one for the right price, id snatch it up

·
Im walking on sunshine!
5,650 Posts
Ive have had good luck with Dodge 4X4s 70s 80s and 90s The one i have now is a 97, Only problem i have is that the seat is to soft.
dodge074.gif

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
Not a fan of Dodge anymore. C'mon I drive a GM :read:

Back in High School, when the '94s first came out... I was all about getting a black dodge diesel dually.

:rofl2:

Now? Fucking GM ftmfw :bowtie:

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
hard for me to say this...

for 18K I'd look for a used '04-05 GM truck with the 5.3 over the HEMI, only because it sucks fuel like there's no tomorrow and can't tow much more than a waverunner.

Dodge half tons are nothing special.

·
Profit
126 Posts
I had a 2wd CC Hemi. It hauled ass, but I was never really "at one" with it. Compared to my Tahoe, it just didnt seem solid enough. The steering was like a toy car and the brake pedal didn't have a consistent feel. Despite that, it was a great truck, but the Chevy felt all around more comfortable, so i traded the Dodge in.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Another consideration, at least in this area, is that Dodges (especially 1/2 tons) have terrible resale compared to GM/Ford.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
I dont like the interior as everyone else said. The dash is huge and bland and the seats are... awkward in a sense. My cousin's dodge was a rattling pos. It put down no power but still sucked gas quicker than my truck. That was the worthless 5.9 though. Also, that truck had been flipped over and repaired. Another cousin had a dodge that had all kinds of rattles as well and his seat was stuck in permanent gangster lean and it would slide back and forth. When he took off he would get horrible shudder from the rear end. My dad's ram srt-10 has a squeaky belt (again) and the large dash, but nice bolstered seats. Also, his trans died in about 15000 miles w/ no mods and not too horrible driving (clutch is still plenty alive). That's my reasoning. That and I love bowties of course. If I had to buy one it would be a ram srt-10 or a cummins 6-speed. But hey, I'd rather be cummin' than strokin'.

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hard for me to say this...

for 18K I'd look for a used '04-05 GM truck with the 5.3 over the HEMI, only because it sucks fuel like there's no tomorrow and can't tow much more than a waverunner.

Dodge half tons are nothing special.
I have an 05 with a 5.3, that can tow more than a hemi?

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
My dad has owned trucks all his life, all the different brands. He loves his 04 ram. I've drove both that and the chevy, and his is much much nicer, no problems with it what so ever.

Ian- The hemi can tow fine. Hovis is just on his macho rampage, because he has a cummins with edge :crazy:.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
I have an 05 with a 5.3, that can tow more than a hemi?
ratings are probably close, however I feel the 5.3 tows well for a gas engine and I've never heard anyone say the same about the HEMI.

how much are you looking to tow? is a used CTD an option?

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
between 3-5k lbs. If i were to get a diesel it would a cummins, but the pricing around my area is pretty steep. That and finding them is pretty hard, i'd have to go to like an 03. If i do buy something i'd like to keep to the newer style.

I was thinking dodge because of the 9.25 rear axle and i think the trans on a half ton with a hemi is pretty beefy(i'm just assuming the trans thing) I'm thinking about moving to texas and towing a work trailer around for a job down there, including the trailer for the move.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts