GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hook Problems

Anyone elses tires hit there hinge mechanism when they're laid out???? well mine do, and i blew off both springs. I guess i could use some pistons to hold it up, but i dont want to put any strain on my fenders since they're all cut out and shit. Any other ideas??????

·
Registered
559 Posts
Re: Hook Problems

ur going for 22s right? devious customs makes kits for a front flip hood that will relocate your hood hinge hardware (all new) to the front of the hood, and then it will flip forward and leave u enough room for any size wheel,looks cool too. i know they make for the obs but i think they are also developing kits for others

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts

damn... i'm sure kdubaz will know.

it makes me glad i didn't go with bigger rims.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

Well yes 2k1, I do know.

I had to ditch my hood springs when I was just laying frame one 22's, but that doesn't mean the hood hinge is done, just the spring. Now I'm channelled, and it still doesn't hit the hinge, so that might give you a good idea.

So what'd I do? Snap-on makes a retractable hood prop. Bought it for $35 or so, and I keep it in the back. Yeah, now I have a hood prop, no cool springs, but I lay body on 22's. Give & Take I guess :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks for the input fellas. I'm kinda lookin for something permanent, but a hood prop might have to work for now. Yeah Ross i'm gettin 22's in the near future, prob as soon as i get back from Florida, as long as i dont blow to much cash. Rockin stockers for now.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
just cut the hinges and hood mounts off and weld the hood on and put a forward tilt on it lol

I clicked on the thread before and read it and I thought you were talking about on take off you weren't hooking up. I was like huh???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts