GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think carbon fiber hood or HD hood? i dont have enough for my 22's yet so im gonna blow my money on body work and stuff.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
DemoN said:
wait a minute...your name is "ituck22s"...but you don't actually HAVE 22s? :think:
maybe his truck is setup to tuck 22's. maybe he has plans to buy them soon, maybe he just likes the name. Who cares :crazy:

Oh...and definately go with the HD hood :D

·
Registered
724 Posts
Carbon Fiber will be Unique. but I would go with an HD hood. but hey...you could be in rice burner shows with that CF hood. :pow:

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was thinking carbon fiber just cuz ive never seen one on a silverado but you guys are right about the rice influence with that carbon fiber hood...def. no ram air or cowl hood too many people around me have them...

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i say fuck a hood and get some rims( they look better than a hood)

just keep saving sooner or later you will be rolling on 22's

i know how it feels i have the money to bag my truck and havent dedeiced if im going to just yet and that money keeps calling my name to spend it but it stays in the bank growing little by little

if i was to get a hood which i need one (damn hail) i would go with a reflxion(sp)

·
In Denial
280 Posts
I wouldn't go so far as to say CF looks scummy (I have seen some very nice looking, well-fitting CF hoods) but the only ones that I've seen for the NBS trucks just don't look right.

I MIGHT go CF if the truck were black or carbon, but NOT ON ANY OTHER COLOR.

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my truck is black thats why i wanted to go with the CF hood...as for rims im far off from having enough i just paid for school.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
Badassilverado said:
I will admit, I have seen a limited number of cars that were done right w/ a CF hood that actually did look decent. On a truck though, esp. a fullsize, it just does not look right at all IMO.
:word: :imo

·
2,451 Posts
Downfall said:
i say fuck a hood and get some rims( they look better than a hood)

just keep saving sooner or later you will be rolling on 22's

i know how it feels i have the money to bag my truck and havent dedeiced if im going to just yet and that money keeps calling my name to spend it but it stays in the bank growing little by little

if i was to get a hood which i need one (damn hail) i would go with a reflxion(sp)
you should get the new hd hoods for the 2005s :read: :imo

·
In Denial
280 Posts
While we're talking about hoods, I'll post a pic of my favorite. If I could somehow get this hood on my GMC. :pissed:

GHG114bg.jpg

·
"TWSTD HD"
297 Posts
Yea but for $800- $900 for just the hood and then another $200-$300 to get painted. You would have like $1100 in a hood!! I paid about half that for my HD and Paint, but the Cowl with the flipper it badass just WAY to pricey.

·
Registered
787 Posts
or drive out in a hail storm, get your hood totaled, insurance will give you money for a new one and you can make up the difference......thats what i did :head:

·
Back from hiatus..
600 Posts
DemoN said:
why carbon fibewr anyway? you can get nice, steel cowl hoods too
i was thinking about carbon fiber just because it is an easy way to shave pounds. oh yea--my truck is black though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts