GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Say no to color matching.
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday night I tried my luck hooking to the sled at one of the local fair. Pulled in the work stock diesel class. Pulled 274.38 ft and got third place. I had the first place truck beat the first time but being as he was first in the class he got a rehook and won it. The second place truck was a 07 GMC c/c with a flat bed that ended up pulling with the bigger diesel classes and placed in the top of those classes. He had the PPE+2 which on it's top setting is good for 300HP I think so there was no way I could catch him. On to the vid and pics.

th_donnellsonpull.jpg

donnellsonpull5.jpg

donnellsonpull2.jpg

donnellsonpull9.jpg

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
ive was going to last friday. but bitched out, worried about my tranny

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
i love truck pulls...you run in super diesel class? no weights on the front end?

·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
needs more coal rolley
Yeah I know. I need more mulah for EFILive.

i love truck pulls...you run in super diesel class? no weights on the front end?
No I pulled in the work stock class. No weights on the front end but you can have them in the bed. I need to find me something that would work for weights.

your rear rims look funny in the video haha
I thought they looked pretty cool in the video myself.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,667 Posts
if you would have taken your right headlight out, you'd have made a full pull

FYI :crazy:

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
Me too. There are a bunch of guys around here pushin 1300+ ft lbs outta cummins and Duramax motors...pure awesomeness!
yea they put down some fuckin insane numbers...was just at some pulls over the 4th....a guy in the super diesel class had an international 466 stuffed in a mid 80's shortbox named it "orange binder" pure insanity......wish i would have brought my camera :mad:

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts

Why do they do this, performance?

·
Registered
826 Posts
what should i set my PPE at.... tow?
Idk I'd go at least level 3 or 4..I mean, they always say the 4-5 and 5-6 shifts are the ones that kill your stock clutches. Your TC might not like you after that though, but it probably never did :crazy:

·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what should i set my PPE at.... tow?
Set it as high as it will go. Your only going up to 3rd gear. The guy that go second in my class had an 07 GMC Cab/Chassis and runs his PPE+2 on the top setting daily. He has an 04 that he ran it the same way. Some how his 04s tranny is just now starting to show signs of needing work. Blows me away that it has lasted that long seeing as both trucks are farm trucks.

If I had cut the bucket out so there was a hole then yeah it would have made sense to do that but I doubt the gains would have been there with it blocked off.:crazy:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts